• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• _bare

• MilanX

Hi all,

I'm runing a Rock Xtreme SL PRO with 2*7950GTX Video Cards & was wondering if the problem with running in SLI under Vista is now sorted & if these drivers (with the Microsoft hotfix) will finally fix this?

Anyone tried it yet??

I am running a MacBook Pro Santa Rosa (2.4ghz, 256mb 8600M), and this driver installs fine - however for some reason the external DVI registers ALL external monitors as having a max resolution of 1024x768.

Does anyone know if there is a fix planned for this? It's a substantial issue considering I can't run my $1900 30" Cinema Display that I bought with the MBP under Vista.

I also have the same problem with my mbp sr and I can only use my external 30" with mac os but not vista. I really hope nvidia fixes this soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I am running a MacBook Pro Santa Rosa (2.4ghz, 256mb 8600M), and this driver installs fine - however for some reason the external DVI registers ALL external monitors as having a max resolution of 1024x768.

Does anyone know if there is a fix planned for this? It's a substantial issue considering I can't run my $1900 30" Cinema Display that I bought with the MBP under Vista.

The reason why no one can get 30 inch displays working in Windows Vista on Macbook Pro's is because the drivers that are being released do not support DUAL LINK on the 8600m for Windows Vista. Apple, and Nvidia need to sort this crap out. I am in the same boat with you. So to make your life easier... Dual Link driver support is what they are missing. Scream at Apple, and Nvidia...

I want to play BattleField 2 on my Macbook Pro HD sooooo bad with this 30 inch Dell I just bought..

>These drivers wont work with quake 4 ... the last good drivers are 162.18 wtf

That's because the 162.18 were from Asus. They are made for reliability and gaming. They can only be overclocked by flashing the video cards BIOS.

I installed this version on my hp pavilion 6500t w/ NVIDIA 8400 GS... When I put the laptop to sleep then try to resume it the screen doesn't turn on...

any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks

The solution for the dark screen: Uninstall the driver, start up in safe mode, run Driver Sweeper, then restart and install the driver again. It works for me.

this works for mee too

Can someone please comment weather the SLI fix from microsoft has fiXed the SLI problem so I can install vista or arevwe still waiting.

had to go back to xp as the drive s would previously only support one card and I am unwilling to install vista again until they are working with 2 cards.

thanks.

I test the driver on my Toshiba Satego P100-490....the standart driver from Toshiba (84.00 :) ) is totally slow and buggy...

every 5sek i will became an fps slowdown from 80fps to 13fps for 1sek......

i hope that this driver (165.01) is better for my 7900gs graphics card

my system is running at Vista Ultimate

ps: under XP...i dont have these slowdowns...

i have tested the driver..

now i cant play CSs :)

i have only 15fps

and that on an T7200

2gb ram

7900gs

and all setting on LOW

(640x480 AA off AF off all quality settings low)

omg?!

Hello everybody, I'm new here, I can't understand where to get the last driver for my lappy.

Is it

165.01 INF 2007-04-12 18.68MB

or

163.44 2007-08-17 36.49MB

I can't understand why the 165 got an April date and an older 163 got a July…

Also, I've been on Nvidia web site and there is 162 version the last, how to made 165 version? You've changed the number or there is on Nvidia site 165 driver and I'm blind like s*** ))

Hi,

I installed these drivers for my Geforce 8400M G (on my Asus notebook), using the modded .inf. However, during the install the screen flashed black, like normal when installing video drivers. It didn't come back though, it kept flashing to black, then to a black screen with just the mousecursor, back to black, back to black with mousecursor, back to... etc. It did that for 20 minutes after which I got a bit scared, rebooted in safe mode and used a recover point.

I really want to update my drivers though, since I'm still using the ones my notebook came with, I think I have a lot to gain.

Does anyone know what went wrong? I'd much appreciate any help.

EDIT: Wow, I just noticed the Windows problem reports, and it's listing as much as 50 videohardware faults, about five per minutes, which is just about the rate at which my screen flashed. :/

EDIT2: I browsed there forums and noticed 163.16 were recommended as stable drivers, so I installed these (again, with the modded .inf). These did work. I guess one question remains: should I still be looking for ways to upgrade to 165, or am I better off waiting for a version you all agree on is stable and good, and then try that one?

Edited by Sanada

Hi, has anybody tried this driver on GeForce GO 7400 ??

Now I have 156.15 and i´m not very satisfied. If can anybody help me to have or choose better driver write me here or to mail : Majk.Shinoda@seznam.cz THX

Lets see if this driver improves bioshock lag in the last scene. Dell are s*** for updating there drivers.

PC update will be better solely nvidia card not linked to dell etc

You're on the wrong train here. 163.44 is the BiOSHOCK driver.

These are older drivers, in our Server HD crash some posts were lost, but the drivers were still on another server.

I've remade this post, so it appears it's new but really this is an old driver, to add to confusion this driver has the highest version number.

I've been running 165.01 on my XPS M1210 GF7400 since April with very few problems.

I'd like to experiment with some newer drivers, but this driver continually shows up as the highest version number....however, I suspect it is no longer the latest and greatest.

Will you help me understand how 165.01 fits into the scheme of things, when today brings a fresh release numbered 156.10 ?

Thanks!

Can this driver be used with a GeForce 7300GO on a Vista Business 32-bit? And, is this driver a stable one? :)

For a lot of people this might be a stupid question, but I have no experience with this kind of software before so I'm trying to learn here :)

Thanks in advance! :P

Edited by Chalk

I have the alienware m9700 with vista home premium. the cards that i have are sli 256mb 7900 geforce go. I installed these drivers with after a fresh install of vista. does this not support sli yet? I can enable the sli option but when i run 3dmark06 or earlier versions i get black lines blinking all over the place. if i disable the sli option, everything is fine. is there ever going to be sli for vista?

I have a Geforce GO 7900 and Windows Vista, I tried o instal a driver for the 64bts version and it didnt work, so I went for the 32bts version (this driver), it all seemed fine, it instaled and told me t reeboot the pc. I reebooted it and when I lauched Halo 2, it said my drivers where out of date...What can I do? Can someone post the link to a driver that's good for games (Geforce GO 7900)? Thx and sorry for the bad English.

Guest Billy_Thomas

hey mobilenvidia,

Thanks for all the hard work with this site.

I was wondering , now that a new riva tuner (2.03) has come out for the 160's of drivers.... and about time too.!! Would it be possible to add what ever makes it work for the desktop 160 drivers on nvidias website, to be added into these mobile drivers. Thank you.

I'd like to know if these drivers are bundled with nVidia's Control Panel or do i have to download other progs to do tweaks like nHancer etc etc. I'm using these drivers for the first time and i just tested 163.14 yesterday and noticed it didn't have the NCP with it.

So it would be a great help if anyone could tell me before i decide to get 165.01. :)

Btw, my specs...

BenQ S41

C2DT7100

nVidia Geforce 8600M GS

2GB RAM

• 2 weeks later...

When I attempt to run the setup I get an error saying that I'm not running vista 32bit, when I most certainly am running vista 32bit. I've spent quite a bit of time trying to find the answer to this problem, and I apoligize if the answer is obvious or I'm asking in the wrong place. I really appreciate any help! Thanks

First you didn't use the modified INF that's why it says you have not VISTA installed.

Second this driver is 4 months old. I advise you to either use 156.57 (no modded INF needed) or 163.69 (with modded INF aka modified INF aka Pieter's INF).

Ok I hear you on the driver version, but I'm not as concerned about that. I did download the INF and put the file in the expanded driver folder and ran setup and I still get the error. Thanks for the fast reply, and again sorry for being dense.