LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 6150 drivers for Server 2003

kaborka

I just got a Compaq Presario F572US notebook with Vista installed. I need to dual-boot Server 2003 for development. I got Server installed OK, and the XP drivers work for everything but the video. I used the XP drivers for the chipset, wifi, and audio, and all work well. When I try to install the XP drivers for the 6150 video, it says the hardware is incompatible. I've tried drivers from various sources: HP, softpedia, and here, with no luck. I thought XP drivers would work under Server03?

Update: The 101.08 XP/2K drivers seem to work. There were two missing files in the package, (see reply in driver thread) which I got from Guru3D.

Edited by kaborka

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JWheelz
Update: The 101.08 XP/2K drivers seem to work. There were two missing files in the package, (see reply in driver thread) which I got from Guru3D.

Hi got the same laptop and I want to put Xp on this laptop. Websites did you find all the drivers at because I have been looking and its not working out at all? If you feel like it could you email me the links to darkspydahz@yahoo.com

Hi got the same laptop and I want to put Xp on this laptop. Websites did you find all the drivers at because I have been looking and its not working out at all? If you feel like it could you email me the links to darkspydahz@yahoo.com

The XP drivers for the HP Pavillion DV6000 series notebooks worked for me. I installed the chipset, modem/audio, and Broadcomm wifi driver from there. I did not install the HP wifi assistant nor the touchpad driver (yet). I used the later GeForce 6150 driver from here, though some hacks were involved (see linked post).

The Disk Manager MMC console will let you shrink the Vista partition, then you can install XP or Server 03 in the empty space. I left the recovery partition intact. Use bootsect.exe to restore the Vista boot sector, then use bcdedit.exe or a 3rd-party tool like VistaBoot to add your XP/03 partition to Vista's boot menu. (google these tools for details) Works great!

Guest JWheelz
The XP drivers for the HP Pavillion DV6000 series notebooks worked for me. I installed the chipset, modem/audio, and Broadcomm wifi driver from there. I did not install the HP wifi assistant nor the touchpad driver (yet). I used the later GeForce 6150 driver from here, though some hacks were involved (see linked post).

The Disk Manager MMC console will let you shrink the Vista partition, then you can install XP or Server 03 in the empty space. I left the recovery partition intact. Use bootsect.exe to restore the Vista boot sector, then use bcdedit.exe or a 3rd-party tool like VistaBoot to add your XP/03 partition to Vista's boot menu. (google these tools for details) Works great!

Thanks i really appreciate the help. I am headed to the site to get those drivers now.

Guest JWheelz
Thanks i really appreciate the help. I am headed to the site to get those drivers now.

I got the drivers they work great. Man i have to tell ya your currently one of my favorite peeps:)

Glad it worked out. For others trying to install this GF 6100/6150 driver package -- I heard from someone else you could just skip the missing files in the release when installing and the drivers still appeared to work OK. This may be a better solution than using the files from the earlier release as I did. By skipping the files, at least you'd know it, versus possibly getting weird results from using mismatched files.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Panama Jack

I have compiled an entire package of all XP drivers for the F572US. The package even includes Forceware v158.22 Go 61xx drivers which are newer than the ones posted here.

You can download the driver package from this link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7G4Q5BJM

This is a 135 meg download. Install the files in the numbered order they are named AFTER you install Service Pack 2.

I have compiled an entire package of all XP drivers for the F572US. The package even includes Forceware v158.22 Go 61xx drivers which are newer than the ones posted here.

You can download the driver package from this link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7G4Q5BJM

This is a 135 meg download. Install the files in the numbered order they are named AFTER you install Service Pack 2.

Outstanding -- Thanks Panama Jack!