LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce Go 6150

Bartek

Hello i recently bought laptop :

HP Pavilion dv2415nr

with Geforce Go 6150 and iam really dispointed with this card/chip . Is there an way to improve performance of this chip?

I have Vista Home installed 1024 mb ram and i cant run the game(World of arcraft).

Even my oldlaptop Dell latitude d600 with Radeon 9000 32mb and Omega drivers was dealing better with WoW then this new HP!

How it can be .. they wrote this card has up to 287mb memory and i have twice as much ram then on my old mashine.

I dowloaded latest drivers but it didnt change much .

Pls tell me if there is any way to improve performance of this card.

Any help much apreciated!

Siencerly, Bart

The only problem with that "up to 287MB of RAM" is that it steals that from your system RAM because the 6150 has no dedicated memory. So, once you account for Vista REALLY liking memory and then your video card taking its share of memory you aren't left with much for the game you want to play. Although I would still figure that the 6150 would be as fast if not faster than the 9000. What drivers are you running?

Edited by P4Power

hello

Thank you for reply. Iwas using standard drivers from HP site.

I found this ForceWare http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.ph...ca1122d84ea5977

but i had to confirm instalation about 4 times becouse aparently Vista really dont accept it. Every time i enter video graphic options Vista asks me if control panel worked normally giving me option to replace the driver . Thats a little confusing becouse iam not sure if iam doing the right thing . If it is going to increas video performance i will leave it this way.

I also found out that there is an option in BIOS to increase dedicated memory for video card from 64 to 128 . That helped a lot but it still isnt perfect.

Any coments much apreciated.

Siencerly, Bart

I would like to bump this topic also!

I purchashed an HP Pavilion dv9000 (dv9317ca) primarily for work, but I am UPSET that it can barely play WOW (forget PVPing). It has 2gigs of RAM and I have already set the BIOS to 128 for video card memory. It does well enough in other areas that I can't believe the card is so crappy. I would be ecstatic to learn of anything I could do to improve the performance in this area.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

I bought this laptop for my son has a gift for has he is going to university.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...0037&catid=

It has everything you need, but sadly I was also a bit disappointed the fact that this card is not the best to play normal games. I knew this laptop was NOT a gaming laptop. But I would have expected that it can do 3D graphics a bit more better. This is new technology you have expected that a simple card can do basic graphic games or some applications like autocad.

I wish to know by the pros here which video driver that I can use that can make a difference to card. I see so many with different version that come out but the version numbers are quite confusion....they go by example from 1 to 3 and then 2 would be the latest...very confused.

Thank you

Lucas

I would like to bump this topic also!

I purchashed an HP Pavilion dv9000 (dv9317ca) primarily for work, but I am UPSET that it can barely play WOW (forget PVPing). It has 2gigs of RAM and I have already set the BIOS to 128 for video card memory. It does well enough in other areas that I can't believe the card is so crappy. I would be ecstatic to learn of anything I could do to improve the performance in this area.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

I was able to run WOW a little more bearably by setting VSYNC to OFF. It still has a ridiculously low frame rate per second but it is certainly less choppy/laggy looking. I am still looking for any advice to improve performance though in case anyone knows anything...

Amy

I found this site and it might help little bit but dont expect to much . Playing wow is really anoying at some point and iam really disapointed!

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3591

still looking for some driivers but people seems to careless and wont help =[

• 4 weeks later...

Bart - I have the same problem - same model laptop - the dv2415nr - World of Warcraft barely runs on it and the specs are far beyong the reccommended specs for the game- it doesnt make sense - if you find any ways to fix this problem please post them i would appreciate it so much - I was thinking of downgrading to XP to increase the overall performance of the system but hp does not offer all the drivers I need for this product for xp = only vista - its making me miserable

Guest Gerald
Bart - I have the same problem - same model laptop - the dv2415nr - World of Warcraft barely runs on it and the specs are far beyong the reccommended specs for the game- it doesnt make sense - if you find any ways to fix this problem please post them i would appreciate it so much - I was thinking of downgrading to XP to increase the overall performance of the system but hp does not offer all the drivers I need for this product for xp = only vista - its making me miserable

They do in fact have all the drivers needed, here's a list (search for and download all and install in xp:

sp33258

sp33411

sp33413

sp33537

sp33544

sp33867

sp34152

sp34200

sp35444

Ta Da!!! BTW I'm writing this on my DV 9317ca as prrof of concept, my wow account is incative ATM, so i can't bench, but the majority of the problem is the video chip, but there all the drivers in case you ar elike me and are tired of vista for now.. it's like a really bad video game... good graphics but no depth :)

post-0-1187334427_thumb.jpg

Guest Gerald (AGAIN)
They do in fact have all the drivers needed, here's a list (search for and download all and install in xp:

sp33258

sp33411

sp33413

sp33537

sp33544

sp33867

sp34152

sp34200

sp35444

Ta Da!!! BTW I'm writing this on my DV 9317ca as prrof of concept, my wow account is incative ATM, so i can't bench, but the majority of the problem is the video chip, but there all the drivers in case you ar elike me and are tired of vista for now.. it's like a really bad video game... good graphics but no depth :)

Alright, I'm tired, those drivers may not be all good for you, some most likely, but the drivers for your lappy do exist, look at all the individual parts and find drivers separately, but to the owners of DV9317's go for it, to all the rest, keep at it. (BTW, get pcwizard 2007 if you want a good look at what parts you have, if you have an nforce (lol, more like Nfarce in this case) my drivers should work, but some are for webcams ect. so only get what you need, I'ma shut up now >.<

thanks so much for the help - unfortunately i did install xp still running the hp dv2415nr with world of warcraft and getting terrible framrate - i dont know what to do - any other ideas?

sp33258

sp33411

sp33413

sp33537

sp33544

sp33867

sp34152

sp34200

sp35444

• 1 year later...
Guest HighwayHigh

Well, I hate the be the bearer of bad news, but you really are out of luck. I have a similar laptop. 2.0ghz dual core, and 2 gb of ram IIRC. The 6150 is just absolute garbage. Plain and simple. I couldn't run much of anything. WoW was BARELY playable. And I mean BARELY. I tried every driver you can think of. Downgrading to XP. EVERYTHING! Fortunately (in this case) the laptop I had kept smoke-checking it's motherboard. Happened 3 times in about 9 months. I told best buy I was done, but the stipulations still weren't met. I had the warranty, so the last time it came back from HP, it finally managed to "break" well beyond repair (accidents happen :) ). I traded it in for a new HP with the 8400M GS (dedicated card, not integrated). It runs WoW without even breaking a sweat (even on maxed out graphics). Modern games, eh, it's give or take. I can run most of them, just nothing maxed out and never usually 30fps. But hell, it ran Age of Conan, playable (15-25 fps).

But I digress. I hate to tell you that your 6150 really just DOESN'T have the gusto to run a game even like WoW. Sorry. People told me the same thing numerous times but I never believed them. Then after almost a year of doing everything under the sun, I gave up. Sorry. :)