LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v162.22 Windows Vista 32bit | ASUS, NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Quality of v162.22 VISTA 32bit: Contribute your findings about working FMS (Full Mobile Support) features  

8 members have voted

1. 1. PowerSaving (PowerMizer or automatic GPU Clockdown)

• bugfree
    • buggy
  2. 2. Suspend Modes (Lid-close, Standby, Resume from Hibernation)

• bugfree
    • buggy
  3. 3. Multiple Output Modes (TV-Out with Color, DualScreen)

• bugfree
    • buggy
  4. 4. Custom Resolutions and AspectRatio

• bugfree
    • buggy

So what am I doing wrong?

Extracts the pack, replace the inf, update drivers on the device, have disk, choose the inf, select my card...

It failed, saying "The system did not find the specified file"...

Name of file please, so I can have a look.

I'm on x64 version of Vista s can't test :)

Guest Guest

That's actually the problem. I tried it also via the device manager. And it is just saying that a file is missing but not which one :) There is also no dialog that pops up or anything. Just this dialog. Sometimes I really hate Vista, they could have at least added the name of the file...

Btw. Thank you for all your effor mobileenvidia!

i am also getting "file not found" and age of empires suggestions.

Guest DizzyWeb

Didn't work for me. With normal inf it installed, but screen went dark after reboot. This driver is completely fubar. And now I'm gonna have to look for a working driver... goddammit.

No. Since that would have been noticed by others already about half a year ago when VISTA was published. Pls. use common sense. Pieter's INF for VISTA is out since the early BETA stage of VISTA, so...

Right oh dudes, the INF has been remade, download it again from the 1st post (now you see why I keep the INF as a seperate download)

I've not added any special tweaks, it's the original INF with all the GPU's added nothing else.

So you may loose functionality, but setup.exe should work.

If it doesn't work then it never will.

This is a strange driver with some odd thigs going on with some G86 GPU's

If all else fails the update driver way should work, and probably is a better choice to install the driver anyway.

I have a 7600 Go, I used the former INF (the not working one) and installed Geforce 7600 GS and it let me install it...

Now, you say there were tweaks in the INF before you replaced it, so, should I keep my current settings or replace it with the new INF to make it fit my exact card type?

If it works don't fix it.

The new INF has no tweaks so you may loose some pages/tweaks/settings

Guest gaervern

Missing file, didn't install. Didn't say which file was missing. Tried 163.11 worked but unstable on GO 7900 gs with TV on DVI port. I am sick of this! Nvidia, Microsoft, this is NOT acceptable!!

Been using this driver for a while now and it?s very stable and runs CnC3 very well. My only argument with it is that I can?t get 1680x1050 resolution and the closest option it gives is 1600x900 or 1600x1000 but that could be something to do with the game more than the driver.

Ok ignore that 1680x1050 is on there it's just at the top of the list of options not at the bottom where I was expecting it to be lol.

So I would totally recommend this driver 100% now.

Edited by The-Monk

Guest Guest

Hey Guys,

I am having problems with this driver. While playing movies (dixv, xvid) the picture is stuttering heavily, just like the movie had 15 fps instead of 25. Besides that I noticed desktop performance slowdown.

Did any of you get simillar results? Comparison I used is between this release and 156.05, which I downloaded from Softpedia.com. My graphic card is Geforce GO 6600, on Alienware Area51 m5500.

Guest Guest

still getting the "The system cannot find the file specified" error. I have installed successfully other versions of the driver but having this issue with 162.22. I am using Pieter's INF version 3.214 and trying to install it on vista32/dell/go7900gs. Any ideas?

Guest john fong

I'm on Vista and I was also having problems installing this driver where it would say "The system cannot find the file specified." After some digging around I found out what the problem was. If you go to c:\windows\inf\ theres a file called setupapi.log which is a log file used when drivers are installed. The issue with this driver is that it's trying to find a file called nv3dheb.chm but it is not finding it. Apparently this file is only found in the international version of the nvidia drivers which you can get here http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winvista_x86_162.22_uk.html

Just download that, unpack the files and copy over the modified inf file. Afterwards, the install should work.

Updated from WHQL ASUS release with International Files, WHQL certificate, added document links and What's New

Thanks for the drivers. This site is awesome. What would laptop users do without it? :)

Anyway, I tried 162.22 and right after installing I noticed a significant increase in FPS in some games. However, F.E.A.R. and Command and Conquer 3 crashed quite a lot under these drivers. The games also "skipped" quite a lot....even in the menus....which is not normal.

I went back to 158.45 and noticed that the games a lot less, but the performance isn't as good.

Edited by illmatic2609

Guest d0nch1ch1o

No 1440x900 resolution on dell e1705 with the better display at 1920x1200. Control panel flickers when it is opened. All the 162 has this problem basically. However all the other forceware 1xx.xx causes the dell truemobile 355 bluetooth adapter to malfunction. Only the 162.xx doesn't cause this. Maybe if you can fix the control panel flicker and add all the correct display resolution that would be great. The 158.45 offers nice performance but the 355 BT still doesn't work correctly with those installed.

Dear God! Absolutely terrible performance. My 3d Mark06 was a mere 896! Contrast that with the 158.45 drivers who return a score of 3488! I followed the usual routine of uninstalling the 158.45 first from the control panel (vista 32bit) and then installing this piece of crap! Not only that but there were some modes that I couldn't change. My favourite resolution is 1440 by 900. By the way I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 with core 2 duo running at 2GH with 2GB and an Nvidia 7900 GS. Avoid these buggers like the plague! I've also tried the 163.11 drivers. Running 3d Mark06, these returned a score of 3487. So essentially it's between the 158.45 and the 163.11. As ever whenever I try out a new driver from Nvidia, I always find myself rolling back to the 158.45. Sad but true....