LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Noob s.o.s.

doc20

I have an HP DV8000 series which had core duo 1.66GHz and GeForce Go 7600 256MB video.

Just upgraded the cpu to a Merom T7400.

Fancied trying a better driver than the old 2006 versions that appear to install with Vista 32 (Ultimate).

I downloaded 158.24 Forceware for Vista 32 from the NVidia site.

Then I downloaded the modded .inf file for 158.24 from the LaptopVideo 2 Go site.

I extracted the NVidia files into a folder, then copied over the modded .inf file.

Problem is, when I run setup, it gets only so far then halts, stating it is only compatible with Vista 32. But I definitely downloaded the Vista 32 driver and Vista 32 modded .inf -in fact I did both twice to be sure.

Why is the setup assuming I don't have Vista 32-bit running?

Any help folks t.i.a.

doc20

grateful noob

ps what is the small 'driver' file for (the one that proceeds the modded inf file on the Laptovideo to go site) -do I replace something with this file? read the quickstart guide, can't seem to find what it is for.