LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade issue

ArchonRoc

I've been trying to run dark crusade on the Asus G1S-X1 that I purchased about a week ago. When I try to open it I get: "ERRORS: Spooge driver not found. Verify that Direct X is installed properly." Of course I did, both install directx 9.0c as well as 10.0, verified them, etc. The THQ website states the problem is usually from having out of date video drivers, so I updated them-- still same problem (not even sure what update I've used-- but the game is a year old, no drivers should be out of date for that.) Running the Geforce 8600M GT. I bought this laptop for the express purpose of it being able to run most games out in the industry for a few years (praying that it can manage 3, but ::shrugs: :) . However, if it can't even handle this one--- I don't know what to do.

Please help!