LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Laptop compatible with Dell 3007WFP native res (2560 x 1600)

Sh4rk

I have asked this question on a number of forums but have yet to get a satisfactory answer. Hopefully the kind people here might be able to provide.

My question is two part:

The first is, does anyone know of any laptops that definitely support running the Dell 3007WFP at native resolution (apart from the macbook pro)?

The second is, I have been eyeing the Dell xpsm1330. This has hdmi which apparently is version 1.3 . Now version 1.3 is meant to have doubled the bandwidth up to 340Mhz and thus supports WQXGA. Therefore, my thoughts are that you could run the monitor with an hdmi --> DVI cable with this laptop. Can someone either confirm this to be true or let me know if my thoughts are way off.

2560x1600 should be no bigger problem - my Amilo 4438/go6800 is supposed to do it re Control Panel - and even more. But can't test it.

Edited by zipper

2560x1600 should be no bigger problem - my Amilo 4438/go6800 is supposed to do it re Control Panel - and even more. But can't test it.

Sadly, I don't think that is necessarily enough. There are a couple of pre requisites: a dual link gfx card, DVI-D (dual link) / hdmi 1.3 Type 'B' (I hope!)