LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help! Need "nvucode.bin"

IsLNdbOi

I'm trying to install ForceWare 158.51 in my fresh XP install. It's stuck though because it's looking for a file called:

nvucode.bin

I can't find this file anywhere. I tried looking into the cab files that come with this driver, but when I open these cab files in explorer there's nothing in them. One of the files data1.cab is 4834KB, data2.cab is 1KB and engine32.cab is 449KB. engine32.cab is different in that I can see the files in it, but data1.cab and data2.cab are empty. I'm thinking that this "nvucode.bin" file I need is in data1.cab or data2.cab and that nvucode might have been named incorrectly.

Anyone know how I can extract the contets of data1.cab or data2.cab OR where I can get nvucode.bin?

• 1 year later...
Guest Spork Schivago

There is a program called UniExtract. It allows you to extract files from the data1.cab, data2.cab, etc. files. They are packed. This program will unpack them for you. They cab files have to also have an hdr file with them. For example, if you have data1.cab, in order to extract it, you have to have a data1.hdr file. It should be in the same directory as the .cab files. WinRAR and extract wouldn't unpack the cabs for me but uniextract did. Best of luck to you.

Spork Schivago

Guest Spork Schivago
There is a program called UniExtract. It allows you to extract files from the data1.cab, data2.cab, etc. files. They are packed. This program will unpack them for you. They cab files have to also have an hdr file with them. For example, if you have data1.cab, in order to extract it, you have to have a data1.hdr file. It should be in the same directory as the .cab files. WinRAR and extract wouldn't unpack the cabs for me but uniextract did. Best of luck to you.

Spork Schivago

I forgot to give you the address to the UniExtract program. It's http://legroom.net/software/uniextract