LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 8600 GS in Samsung Sens X65

bluetomato

I bought a Samsung Sens X65 a while ago, which is an awesome laptop, but recently I tried to play a new game (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2), and experienced some stuttering problems with the graphics.

Checking some forums and found it is a know problem, and the solution is to update to the newest nVidia drivers. And then the fun starts...

The official drivers on nVidia's homepage reports it could not find any compatible hardware. And an email to nVidia gave me the following response:

"Display drivers for notebook GPU's are custom made for the notebook make and model they are used in to support some of the hot plug n play features your notebook supports. For this reason, the desktop Forceware display drivers which are available on our website will not work on your notebook. I am sorry, however you will need to visit the website of your laptop manufacturer for customer display drivers for your notebook. "

Okay, so using the Samsung update software, and it found no updates. And I basically cannot locate any laptop specific drivers anywhere. I tried some of the drivers on this site, but got the same error code again, no compatible hardware found :)

Can anyone help?

Did you download the modified *.inf and replace it.

Did you download the modified *.inf and replace it.

Oh, actually I assumed the modified .inf was included in the driver download from this site. Duh, thanks!

I tried again now, replacing the inf, and I now got passed the "did not find any compatible hardware" message. It seemingly installs correctly, but when exciting I get a warning from Vista: "This driver did might not have been installed correctly".

After a reboot I am trying to locate the version number of the driver, which is pretty well hidden. It reports "7.15.11.111" under Display Settings/Advanced Settings/properties/driver, while I installed 9809_vista driver. Hm, the version numbers noes not make sense, so I guess something went wrong..? How to confirm if the driver installed correctly?

Also, after updating the same problem occurs in the GRAW2 game.

Any ideas?

I don't have enough experience with Vista. Other than trying another Vista Driver, I'm not much help.

Hi man. Firstly you should uninstall the nvidia drivers of your laptop. So, go to: control panel/programs and features/add remove programs and unistall the nvidia driver. Then reboot your laptop. After that, ignore any warning from Vista,and just go to the driver's folder. Double click in setup.exe and accept in all the screens. Finally you should reboot again. If the warning "This driver did might not have been installed correctly" appear again, just pick in "not, it´s installed correctly" or something like that,I don't use Vista at this moment and not remember exactly.

If the problem persists,try with other driver (insure yourself that is for Vista 32!)

Good luck and sorry about my english!.

Hi man. Firstly you should uninstall the nvidia drivers of your laptop. So, go to: control panel/programs and features/add remove programs and unistall the nvidia driver. Then reboot your laptop. After that, ignore any warning from Vista,and just go to the driver's folder. Double click in setup.exe and accept in all the screens. Finally you should reboot again. If the warning "This driver did might not have been installed correctly" appear again, just pick in "not, it´s installed correctly" or something like that,I don't use Vista at this moment and not remember exactly.

If the problem persists,try with other driver (insure yourself that is for Vista 32!)

Good luck and sorry about my english!.

Thank you! After trying your method with many different drivers, I finally found one that worked: 15615_vista. It installed well, and I verified the version number really changed...

Unfortunately it did not solve the stuttering problem I experienced in GRAW2, but at least now I can feel more relaxed I did everything I can do and wait for a patch for the game itself instead... Having the latest driver cant be bad anyway, so thanks again. :)