LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia 140M drivers !

zzzzzzz

I've got a Lenovo T61 (Santa Rosa) with an nVidia Quad 140m 128mb card. What is the best driver? Should I only use the 100.00 series drivers or could I get better performance out of the 158.00 drivers?

I understand about downloading and swapping the inf file and so on. It's where to start on selecting the right one that I'm having trouble with.

Can I get a few tips?

PLEASE HELP!

BTW, Seriously... the recommended driver page is waaaaay out of date. It says "God kills a cat every time someone asks..." Well, if the recommended list hasn't been updated in months what is a person to do? If their is a more recent thread on the topic please let me know. Besides, I don't really like cats.

stick with 100 series drivers for now, they run pretty good for your GPU/

As for cats and the recommended driver page, yes it was affected by the big server HD crash, and the updated info lost.

we'll add it to the to do list.

No cats were harmed in the modifying of any INFs

• 2 months later...
Guest AvidUser

Not sure if anyone here can help, but I'll give it a try...I'm using a nVidia Quadro NVS 140M card on a Dell Latitude D830 notebook, trying to run Avid Xpress Pro for video editing. It works all right, except for the fact that video playback does not show; it just shows a single frame as audio plays. This seems to be attributed to nVidia driver issues and non-supported video cards.

Avid certifies nVidia drivers 77.18, 70.78, and 67.22 for XPress Pro. It seems that these don't work with the mobile cards, though. On the off chance that anyone knows what do do, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Do the drivers come with modded INFs there is a good chance they are hosted here.

Guest AvidUser
Do the drivers come with modded INFs there is a good chance they are hosted here.

One of those stupid questions I hate to ask, but I have to ask it; how would I know if they come with modded INFs?

Guest AvidUser
One of those stupid questions I hate to ask, but I have to ask it; how would I know if they come with modded INFs?

Never mind, I see the FAQ in your signature.

Now, with new information I have, the supported driver is 84.26; I'll be messing around with advice in the modded INF thread for some time today, and let y'all know how it goes. Thanks!

Guest AvidUser

Worked like a charm! It didn't work on first install using the modded INF (had to use System Restore after getting the Blue Screen of Death), but on the second attempt, when installing the files, I said "NO" to every request to replace newer files with older ones. Seems to be working fine - I now see moving video. That's one great guide, thanks to whoever did the hard work to put that together.