LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Options on my Fujitsu siemens Amilo M1437G

Robin4

Dear readers,

I am an owner of an Fujitsu-siemens notebook. :) The type of the notebook is an Amilo M1437G with an Ati mobility x700 128MB Graphics core.

I have already upgraded my notebook.

Old specs:

CPU: 1,73Ghz

Mem 1GB PC3200

HDD: Seagate 80GB SATA 5400RPM

Graphics: X700 128MB.

New specs:

CPU 2,0Ghz (build it in today)

Mem 2GB PC4200

What i need to do is to buy an bigger harddisk and an new graphics core. What options do i have to bought an new grapics card on MXM?

The 7600 will work for sure.

The x1900 will probably also work, but is a lot more difficult (heatsink mod, running NHC sxript), will probably be a lot hotter and may very well tax your powersupply to or beyond the limit.

How fast will it be the 7600GO? Is it alot faster then my stock one. And how about battery comsumption?

How hot will the x1900xt be and how much battery comsumption?

Is it possible to modified the stock heatpipe cooling, by placing an better cooling fan?

Will the stock heatpipe cooling enough to cool both cards. How much power consumption more or less then my stock MXM board?

Do i have the option to use an stock 6800 MXM graphics from amilo M3438G

What kind of MXM type does my notebook have? Is it MXMIII? And which MXM will it compatible with?

Edited by Robin4

http://mxm-upgrade.com/benchmarks.html

... though the 7600 Go is not listed.

...but adding a 6800 go with 256 gives a 50%-77% performance boost: http://mxm-upgrade.com/1437.html

Why does the Arima Special 7900GS 512MB not working. Does it has that Vbios protection?

* The 7900GS works but gave trouble in the past. I don't offer them anymore.

* The 1437 is basically the same notebook as the 3438; probably with slightly worse cooling. As such, it is a Type III notebook.

* The x1900 should work but will most likely operate close to it's limit.

* The battery will be drained considerably faster, the power supply may not suffise.

* Some mods can be envisioned, a notebook cooler is advisable.

What was the problem on 7900GS and how was it fixed? Did you need to flash the motherboard bios for it with an other manufacturer?

So if i want to upgrade i only can get the 7600 and the x1900? Do you maybe have an simple list how all the avaible cards preform? En how long the battery then still works?

Are there an replacement fan for this notebook (maybe second hand from an other brand?)

* The 7900GS problems were not fixed. I got a higher than average return rate on them so I stopped offering them.

* Benchmarks: http://www.bemchmarks.xls

* Cards available: currently only x1900 (supply problems. again)

* Battery life with x1900: horrible.

* I don't have replacement fans.

Additional remark: your notebook PS will also be heaivily tasked.

So there is no 7600GO Either on MXMIII?

Is it possible to take the future 8600M GT on this notebook?

Edited by Robin4

* The 7900GS works but gave trouble in the past. I don't offer them anymore.

* The 1437 is basically the same notebook as the 3438; probably with slightly worse cooling. As such, it is a Type III notebook.

* The x1900 should work but will most likely operate close to it's limit.

* The battery will be drained considerably faster, the power supply may not suffise.

* Some mods can be envisioned, a notebook cooler is advisable.

SO the 7600GO is the better option right now? I don`t like the x1800 or x1900. They consume to lot of power on battery.

Edited by Robin4

I just got word from my supplier, he cancelled my 7600 card.

That means I can currently only offer x1900 cards.

Why does he cancel it? :) :)

Now i havent upgradable options anymore.

x1900 is not an portable option for me.

Does the 7600GO coming later or there isnt any stock more at dealer?

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

Keep checking the store. I can promise you something will pop up, I just don't know when :)

Yes, i hope that you have soon new MXM upgrades :) :P :)

Hello, I also have this fine piece of equipment called Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M1437G. I have been pondering should I or should I not upgrade my X700. Does the card has to be MXM Type-III card, or is it possible to but Type-II cards example? Is there more differences in Type-I, Type-II and Type-III cards than their physical size?

If Type-II cards work, is it possible to upgrade into Geforce 8600M GT MXM Type-II card?

http://www.excaliberpc.com/Asus_NVIDIA_860...-id-579488.html

I just wanted to make sure, that my illusions can be crushed as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for answers.