LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA based Laptops: HP/Compaq

mobilenvidia

• 4 weeks later...
I've got an HP Pavilion 2945SE with a Nvidia Geforce 7150m/Nforce 630m video card. And I was wondering if theres XP drivers available for this computer, or more up to date Vista drivers?

I've got a 2845se with the 7150/630m card/chipset with Vista x64; and was wondering about drivers. It's got the v7.15.11.5671 from 10/07 on the site (uploaded 4/08).

I've tried a variety of different drivers available here and have yet to find one that raises my Graphics Index above 2.6 (recently, because I remember seeing it at 3.0 at once point...) The v178.13 Tweaked was the best I've seen so far, but I haven't installed too many.

Any ideas from anyone with more experience with this chipset? I only use it when I travel, but I'd like it to perform as well as it can.

• 2 weeks later...
HP Dv5t have 9600M GT

I also have a CQ50 109CA You have to go to the Hp site and download your drivers there nothing from the Nvidia site will be compatible. My laptop is currently at HP repair getting a new MotherBoard installed Be vary wary of the temp of your machine it seems the video card doent like the heat I have read many sites by googling the message heat seems to be a common issue . I started receiving error messages via blue screen IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO I tried to update driver and was frustrated as you. Eventually it wouldnt reboot Im still waiting for HP to return it. Luckily it was under warranty

Good Luck John ...

• 2 weeks later...

See posts from a year or so ago, but the HP Pavilion DF871AVR comes with an NVIDIA GeForce Go 5600 in it (Still very troublesome), 17" TFT.

If this post is incorrectly placed, I'd happily delete it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest vidiots

Staples Office supply has been offering a Compaq Presario CQ60-210US for $399.00 here in the U.S.

It appears that these are selling out very quickly at this price. This laptop has Vista Home Premium

installed. Most who have bought this unit would prefer to downgrade to XP Professional as soon,

as possible. It appears that there have been twenty or so posts on the HP/Compaq support forum in the last

week or so, asking for advice on obtaining XP drivers for the Nvidia 8200M G, so as to install XP properly.

No helpful information has been posted there so far...

I have tried the obvious drivers made available on the Nvidia Site.

These will not install properly, usually ending with a statement to the effect that no appropriate hardware was

detected by the installer.

Here are the specifications of this unit:

Product Name CQ60-210US

Product Number NB275UA#ABA

Microprocessor 2.00 GHz AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor

Microprocessor Cache 1MB L2 Cache

Memory 2048MB

Memory Max 4096MB

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8200M

Video Memory Up to 895MB

Hard Drive 250GB (5400RPM)

Multimedia Drive LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Display 15.6" Diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Display (1366x768)

Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem

Network Card Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN

Wireless Connectivity * 802.11b/g WLAN

Sound Altec Lansing speakers

Keyboard 101-key compatible

Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad

PC Card Slots

External Ports

* 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

* 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0

* 1 Headphone out

* 1 microphone-in

* 1 VGA (15-pin)

* 1 RJ-11 (modem)

* 1 RJ -45 (LAN)

Dimensions 14.88" (L) x 9.9" (D) x 13.8" (min H) -1.72" (max H)

Weight 6.52Ibs

Security

* Kensington MicroSaver lock slot

* Power-on password

* Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power

* 65W AC Adapter

* 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

Any advise regarding getting XP Pro installed properly would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

The "Vidiots" at Qwest.Net

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I HAVE ALL THE DRIVERS FOR THIS COMPAQ CQ60-210US NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. EVERYTHING WORKS. TWICE AS FAST WITH XP THAN WITH VISTA. MY NAME IS JEREMY STOUT AND I WILL TRY TO POST ALL THE DRIVERS FOR U. CONTACT ME HERE AND I WILL EMAIL THEM TO U ONE BY ONE OR FIGURE A WAY TO POST THEM SOMEHOW.........:

Staples Office supply has been offering a Compaq Presario CQ60-210US for $399.00 here in the U.S.

It appears that these are selling out very quickly at this price. This laptop has Vista Home Premium

installed. Most who have bought this unit would prefer to downgrade to XP Professional as soon,

as possible. It appears that there have been twenty or so posts on the HP/Compaq support forum in the last

week or so, asking for advice on obtaining XP drivers for the Nvidia 8200M G, so as to install XP properly.

No helpful information has been posted there so far...

I have tried the obvious drivers made available on the Nvidia Site.

These will not install properly, usually ending with a statement to the effect that no appropriate hardware was

detected by the installer.

Here are the specifications of this unit:

Product Name CQ60-210US

Product Number NB275UA#ABA

Microprocessor 2.00 GHz AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor

Microprocessor Cache 1MB L2 Cache

Memory 2048MB

Memory Max 4096MB

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8200M

Video Memory Up to 895MB

Hard Drive 250GB (5400RPM)

Multimedia Drive LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Display 15.6" Diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Display (1366x768)

Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem

Network Card Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN

Wireless Connectivity * 802.11b/g WLAN

Sound Altec Lansing speakers

Keyboard 101-key compatible

Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad

PC Card Slots

External Ports

* 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

* 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0

* 1 Headphone out

* 1 microphone-in

* 1 VGA (15-pin)

* 1 RJ-11 (modem)

* 1 RJ -45 (LAN)

Dimensions 14.88" (L) x 9.9" (D) x 13.8" (min H) -1.72" (max H)

Weight 6.52Ibs

Security

* Kensington MicroSaver lock slot

* Power-on password

* Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power

* 65W AC Adapter

* 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

Any advise regarding getting XP Pro installed properly would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

The "Vidiots" at Qwest.Net

I NEED TO FIND A PLACE WHERE I CAN POST THEM FOR YOU AND THEN U CAN USE SOMETHING LIKE DRIVERMAX TO IMPORT AND INSTALL ALL OF THEM... ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO POST THEM ALL....