LaptopVideo2Go Forums

How can i limit shared ram to my video card?

ViperAMD

Hey guys,

I rescently moved back up to vista, and downloaded the 163.15 drivers (32 bit) along with the modded INF.

Everything seems a little slower, like photoshop and premier pro. I looked through my system propeties and found that my card was taking 767mb ram. Surly this is excessive? About 6 months when i had vista my drivers would only take 256 of my ram and there is no difference in games. Just a perfomance loss in intensive work.

I have 2GB 677 DDR2 Ram.

Hopefully somebody could help me out, i understand that nvidia will probably not let users change this easily, as it could lead too problems, but perhaps a older driver or a patch would be ideal.

Cheers,

Viper.

well thanks anyways.. i remember back in the day when this forum had good support.

BTW get better server specs plz!

Guest Dragon89
well thanks anyways.. i remember back in the day when this forum had good support.

BTW get better server specs plz!

well u could start with posting ur computer specs... also i dont think its the videocard taking the ram but vista that uses as much unused ram as possible (which is good!)... the reason programs seem slower on vista is mostly due to lack vista compability

The GPU will grab UPTO 767Mb not just grab it from system RAM.

The memory is used as needed.