LaptopVideo2Go Forums

no idea what to choose please help...

Guest carapetty

Guest carapetty

i have a hp compaq nx9105 and the graphics on there is geforce4 420 go 32m. can anyone tell me if i can get it changed to a 64mb and if i can get it here??

thank you

First of all, what you want (I think) is a new video card. This site specializes in video card drivers (software that instructs the video card on how to function). Unfortunately the only way to upgrade your video RAM or video card is by opening your laptop and putting one in.

Which brings us to the second point. Most laptop video cards aren't upgradeable. You're usually stuck with whatever you purchased your laptop with. :)

I don't think I know of a single 420go laptop that has a replaceable graphics card.... Maybe an old Dell? I highly doubt that he has one.

I'd say it's time for a new laptop. There's a point where it's worth the investment.