LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA® GeForce� 8400M GS drivers for Windows XP

thunderhead

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I'm looking for the drivers for Nvidia 8400m gs 256mb [hp pavilion dv6899ew -> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0427&SUBSYS_30CC103C] for Windows XP Pro.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I've been doing my due diligence on trying to get my M1330 to actually work, (horrible record of hardware failures) and get it to work as a dual boot, with its original Vista Ultimate - Red, (God knows why anyone would wanna use Vista) and WinXP, which I need for some legacy software I need to continue to use. All of that has worked out, except for a functional video driver, for WinXP. I had come back to resolving this, after initially setting up the dual boot many months ago. This time, I discovered nVidia offering what they claim will work, providing the System Board BIOS is updated to A14. My unit is on A15, so I presume that should be OK. Has anyone tried these drivers at: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winxp_186.81_whql.html, on an XPS M1330?