LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Change MXM cards in AMILO M3438G

Artemis

Hello all

Simply question. It is possible to change my Geforce Go 6800 for Geforce Go 6600?

My old Gefroce 6800 has gone (too much playing:). But problem should be that 6600 is MXM type II and my 6800 is MXM III. I dont know if this is problem , I am asking.

Do you think that everything will work all right? It is possible to use Geforce go 6600 in AMILO M3438G?

Yes that will fitt.

Fujitsu-siemens is MXM III/II compatible.

I have an Amilo M1437G and having an mobilty x700. I cut put an 6600GO, X700, GO7600, X1800, X1900 in this one.

When de 7600GO is avaible then i go order it. But if 8600GT fitting to iam ordering an the last one. :)

I just received my 7600go for my M3438G but there's one problem..GPU heatplate is attached with thermal tape (or whatever it's called) and it's so tight that I'm affraid to use more force. I took all the screws off so only thing keeping it still is that tape :) Only solution is long nails and a lot of patience? Thx.

Edited by AnZa

No, it is not. I hope that I don't do any damage to other comp. parts. If that happens, my M3438G is going to learn to fly and me too :)

I know. My supplier cancelled the order but we found a way around the problem.

Could you tell us when you've them?

I would like to buy one too, for my amilo M4438G with Burned Geforce 6800Go

Can I order one 7600GO for FS amilo M1437G?

Will it runs much hotter then x700? How about power comsumption?

greetings,

robin

Sure. It's the same thermal class so there should be no thermal problem and power conumption will be about the same. Maybe a bit better when idle because of better power management.

Sure. It's the same thermal class so there should be no thermal problem and power conumption will be about the same. Maybe a bit better when idle because of better power management.

Do you have that 7600GO card on stock? And whats the price? Can i order it?

:)

Hi Robin,

Yes, got enough of them right now. Price depends a bit on location, 250? is the EU price with shipping and VAT included.

Please drop me an email for further details.

• 2 months later...

i dont wont open a new thread, so i ask you here ICE-Tea. Is it possible to become a go7900GS for my Amilo? I dont want a x1900, because the fancontroll dosnt work without modifications (or do???) and the driver from ati are horrible.