Guest Buddybot111

My computer:

Sager 2090(Compal IFL90)

Vist Home Premium 64bit

Intel core 2 duo 2.0ghz (Santa Rosa)

1gb ram

8600m GT 512mb (158.45 drivers)

120gb 5400rpm Harddrive

Whenever I play a game (BF2, FEAR) and such I heard I would be able to play at max, or near max settings. This is simply not true. Not only do I generaly have to tone down the settings in various areas, but when playing BF2, and especially FEAR, I get constant stuttering. After around 10-20 minues of playing the 1-2 seconds stutter usually begin to stop. What is wrong? This graphics card should easily be able to handle the game.

On another note, load times for both BF2 and FEAR are insane. Were talking 5 minutes here on just waiting for the load time. And even after that, the time from when the game loads to when it actually starts is yet another minute.

Please help.

Thanks,

I think it may be your drivers. I don't know about Win Vista x64, but I've read bad things about the 150.xx drivers and the 8x00M cards for both XP and Vista 32 (x86). The best drivers currently are still 101.xx and if your not intending to OC the 160.xx drivers. I use 101.16 and OC and I get nice results. Right now I can't do any experimenting cause my Lappy crapped out and is being RMAed.

Go to the 160.xx forum section and try the latest 2 or 3 driver from 165.xx. I could begin to tell you which ones work best for the 64bit, I've been avoiding 64bit OS.

Sager 2090(Compal IFL90)

Vist Home Premium 64bit

1gb ram

120gb 5400rpm Harddrive

You need more ram.. 1gb is way to low for vista. If you alt/tab when you have a game up running you will see that you are using about max of you totale memory. I rec at least 2Gb for vista

• 7 months later...
Guest ari0n
My computer:

Sager 2090(Compal IFL90)

Vist Home Premium 64bit

1gb ram

120gb 5400rpm Harddrive

Whenever I play a game (BF2, FEAR) and such I heard I would be able to play at max, or near max settings. This is simply not true. Not only do I generaly have to tone down the settings in various areas, but when playing BF2, and especially FEAR, I get constant stuttering. After around 10-20 minues of playing the 1-2 seconds stutter usually begin to stop. What is wrong? This graphics card should easily be able to handle the game.

On another note, load times for both BF2 and FEAR are insane. Were talking 5 minutes here on just waiting for the load time. And even after that, the time from when the game loads to when it actually starts is yet another minute.

Please help.

Thanks,

Try to change your thermal compound. I have same laptop and had same problem.

After i changed this (both- under CPU and GPU), i got 10 degrees less temp.

But you have to take laptop comletely apart.