LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell E1705/Geforce Go 7900GS Vista 32bit

Guest whatsinthename

Guest whatsinthename

Okay I have tried the following drivers : 158.42,158,45, 162.18, 162.22, 162.50, 165.01, dell stock drivers

Dell stock ones are useless of course for games. 15x series drivers I found were good, very good fps and performance in World of Warcraft. However the gpud temperature shoots up using these drivers all the way to 55-60C. And I have noticed each time it comes in the vicinity of 60C I get the dreaded NMI:Memory Parity Error.

The 16x series gave me very very good gpu temperatures (around 40-50C). However World of Warcraft is utterly unplayable. I can stop the artifacting and screen flicker by turning of trilinear filtering and vertical sync, however the fps blows...aroung 7-8fps.

I am really running out of options now on what driver to choose, or are there any other fixes I can try with 15x series to get a stable system for World of Warcraft in particular. Any comments are appreciated

• 5 weeks later...
Guest concerned user
Okay I have tried the following drivers : 158.42,158,45, 162.18, 162.22, 162.50, 165.01, dell stock drivers

Dell stock ones are useless of course for games. 15x series drivers I found were good, very good fps and performance in World of Warcraft. However the gpud temperature shoots up using these drivers all the way to 55-60C. And I have noticed each time it comes in the vicinity of 60C I get the dreaded NMI:Memory Parity Error.

The 16x series gave me very very good gpu temperatures (around 40-50C). However World of Warcraft is utterly unplayable. I can stop the artifacting and screen flicker by turning of trilinear filtering and vertical sync, however the fps blows...aroung 7-8fps.

I am really running out of options now on what driver to choose, or are there any other fixes I can try with 15x series to get a stable system for World of Warcraft in particular. Any comments are appreciated

I am in the same boat as this user. After failing to find adequate drivers that supported World of Warcraft, I reinstalled XP. Sad, isn't it? I can't enjoy a game that runs sub-10 fps, when all the settings on my computer should make the game enjoyable. 2gigs of Ram, 7900 go, etc.

Is anyone able to play WoW with Vista and this video card?