LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Community Led Driver Recommendations-GeForce Go 7xxx Series

®®®

..If people would actually vote, it would be more fun to put in some effort to set it up correctly :) ... If there is more feedback let it come... i have open ears.

I understand and agree with your comment but ... how can I vote when there is only one choice (for XP) ?

I've made my choice clear in my posts above. I for one am not going to rush to 163.44 : can't really dedicate an hour a day to driver testing.

cheers

envydyauser

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• zipper

• envydyauser

• big man phil

I've installed xp on my Toshiba Satelite a200 1ag with GeForce Go 7300 and now using

163.16 version driver

There's something weird going on, why is that when I run games like Half Life 2, HL2 EP1, NFS Underground 2 and even GTA San Andreas

I play through first minutes with amazing graphic and high fps (70fps in hl2) but after some 4 mins after play the game slows down to 9fps (every game I've tried) and then runs so slow that almost freezes my notebook.

Why? any ideas ?

edit. after compairing, I would suggest installing 163.44 to all go 7300 users running XP32bit on Toshiba A200 notebooks

it lowers FPS a little but the slowdown error doesn't occur anymore and the fps in hl2 is mostly like 55 in open areas and 71 in small rooms, the performance of need for speed ug2 is almost the same but 163.44 fixes texture problems

no notable problems with software, almost every driver I've tried from 16x works very well with 3d modelling software

Edited by 6470

• 2 weeks later...

1. Compaq HP Presario R3000

2. XP

3. NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go 32M

4. -I'll edit this when I've tried more

5. 163.16 causes bluescreen errors about ten seconds after the regular desktop is visible and programs are initializing themselves.

• 1 month later...

I've had some problems with certain configurations. Here's what I've got so far:

Laptop:

HP Pavilion dv6000

XP Media Center SP2

DEV_ID & Name:

GeForce Go 7400

Driver_Version_Recommended:

I Originally wanted to play Half-Life 2 Episode 1, so I updated my drivers to one of the 91 series, I don't remember the exact version. It would let me load a game and play for about a minute and then it would crash. I realized that the game uses directx 9 as default, so I tried to run it under direct x 8 and that solved my problem - although I couldn't use the highest settings, the game runs smoothly with nice quality at a 16:10 / 1280x760 resolution. I stayed with that driver for some time until I recently got Company of Heroes. Mission #4 wouldn't load so I decided to update my drivers and that's how I found this useful community. I updated to a 151 series driver and it worked for a bit but Coh would still crash while playing. So I updated again to 165.01 and it kept crashing. I thought I would have to constantly save my game and reboot my lap until I noticed that the Open-GL module was not working correctly in Cinema 4D, I couldn't manage polygons, so I said what the hell, I need C4D so I installed driver 163.16 and CoH now works without crashing at medium resolution/settings and Cinema 4D works fine again. An unsolved issue would be a bug that crashes Quicktime when embedded content/movie (be it in a pdf or another application) run. I've made some research and it seems nvidia has yet to solve this bug, I found a lot of people with the same problem. the only way to bypass this is by deactivating the use of directx/directdraw under Quicktime preferences.

Guest Guesty Guest Guest Guest

I've been using the 158.45 drivers on my 7900 Go GS (Inspiron E1705 lappy) for quite some time, and I've been pretty happy. I'd tried several others, both 150 and 160, and these were by far the best. There are a couple problems with dual monitors and the control panel... for instance, when a second monitor is connected, I can't adjust digital vibrancy or image sharpness on the main monitor. This becomes a problem if I'm trying to get the two to match. I've had one video-related bluescreen in the last month or so. I'm not sure if was a problem with the drivers or not. Also, sometimes it pops between 1024x786 and my native of 1920x1200 when I'm plugging in my other monitor or booting up. It never sticks, but it messes up all my desktop icons.

Otherwise, I get decent performance in games. I don't game a whole lot on this computer, but I got about 3900 on the most recent 3DMark and a solid 60 in WoW with max settings and resolution.

Guests can't vote :) Guess people will just have to read my post.

• 2 weeks later...

Please, recommended driver for this model?? Thanks in advance

SONY Vaio AR21M:

# Processor: Intel Core Duo T5600 - 1.83GHz (x2), 667MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache

# RAM: 1024MB DDR2-667MHz

# Hard Drive: 160GB Serial ATA 5400rpm

# Screen: 17" Widescreen TFTwith X-Black Technology

# Optical Drive: DVD±RW Super Multi Double Layer

# Graphics: NVidia GeForce Go7600 128MB

# Wireless LAN: 802.11a/b/g - Call for advice on Wireless Networking

# Bluetooth

# Warranty: 1 Year - Upgradeable to 3 Years!

# Operating System: Windows XP Media Center Edition

• 3 weeks later...

I recomend for the moment 169.04 drive for:

-Dell XPS m1710

-GeForce Go 7950 GTX

-WMC x32

For the moment is the best driver that I founded, but I'm still looking for another better, F(&^*** stupid card we can't use all its power designed for...

• 3 weeks later...

What about full mobile support? In that old chart, everyone is pointing at, some drivers have it, some don't.

• 3 weeks later...

I am throughly confused on what driver to get. This what I choose when I am looking for the correct drivers for my laptop

Which btw is a inspiron e1705, Windows XP, 256mb Nvidia geforce go7800 video card, 2gb RAM, 1.87MHZ dual core (current drivers 79.xx)

myviddy0.jpg

Also note that my laptop card doesnt have the GTX on the end. But on nvidia I dont have a option to choose a regular 7800 card. Does that make a big difference?

When I search on the I get 84.63 as my recommended/newest driver. Which btw dont work. I get the "Cannot find necessary hardware error" when I try to run it. But on nvidia it lists my product as one that will work with these drivers. But I notice on your site people are using the 162,163.xx drivers. I am not sure which to get now. The problem I am having is crashing while using programs that require openGL. I looked up those drivers and I see that they are for 7800 series cards. But my card has the "go" with it. So I am not sure if the 16x drivers are for me. PLease advise or share advice/expertise?

Edited by purplepills

What would be the best and latest driver for my

Nvidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX

is there any sort of driver that would be able to run crysis on my laptop properly?

• 1 month later...

have the same laptop....try 171.23...works fine for me...can play at high settings (1440x900)

but i dont know if your CPU an RAM can run it....i have the T7600 (2,33GHz) and 4GB RAM...

• 1 month later...
Guest vivek

I updated my Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 card with a 84.85 driver from this site. It updated ok, but it crashed when I tried running Ghost Recon 2 yesterday and ever since I have been unable to start my laptop (HP DV5118tx) (Win XP home editionMy computer simply shuts down when it reaches the blue welcome screen. I also get memory dump messages some times but still unable to start. HELP

• 1 month later...
have the same laptop....try 171.23...works fine for me...can play at high settings (1440x900)

but i dont know if your CPU an RAM can run it....i have the T7600 (2,33GHz) and 4GB RAM...

No th problem i have is i also have Vista, is there any driver for an Nvidia, GeForce Go 7950 GTX, on Vista, i just have the early access for Age Of Conan and it says they want drivers over version 169.21, i will be so pissed off if i can't play age of conan on my laptop, is there any driver known to work for this graphics card? Please Help!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^^ What GPU r u using?

PLs, someone help me, i cant find a good performace fo my

HP Pavillion Dv2840special edition, amd atlon x2 (2.0ghz),

WinVista 64bits

4gb ram

GeForce 7150m

;´[

Guest Ludwig

I have the 7150M and i have been trying different drivers but it often crashes when i listen to movies. I have a HP Paville dv9000 with AMD turion 64 TL-58 with 2gig of ram... even with descent spec this video card sucks so bad that i need a driver plase :)

thank for your help and time

Guest Guest
I have the 7150M and i have been trying different drivers but it often crashes when i listen to movies. I have a HP Paville dv9000 with AMD turion 64 TL-58 with 2gig of ram... even with descent spec this video card sucks so bad that i need a driver plase :)

thank for your help and time

I have Vista 32 with that sorry :)

Guest Ludwig
I have Vista 32 with that sorry :P

:) ok i tried the new 175.19 driver that came out and tried the moddified inf of the pieter's modded 175.16 inf and every thing seems to work fine for the momment my deskop loading was really faster then usual (usually the display would "flicker" a bit at start up but now it seem fine :)

Guest Ludwig
:) ok i tried the new 175.19 driver that came out and tried the moddified inf of the pieter's modded 175.16 inf and every thing seems to work fine for the momment my deskop loading was really faster then usual (usually the display would "flicker" a bit at start up but now it seem fine :)

Ok i take that back it just started to do really weird thing on my screen ( highlights seemed weird and all ) and i had to restart to correct it it happened only after an hour of video watching (weeds and top gear :P ) anyone got a good driver cause im tired of trying new ones :P if i try i really older one will i lose performance cause i have none at the momment so losing that none existing performance would really suck :rofl: ( i have started to play older games but even with thing like diablo 2 or warcraft 3 i have performance issue wich shouldnt happen considering my computer :thumbsup: )

thank you again for your time :thumbsup:

Hey guys, I'm trying to find the best drivers for overclocking my 2 7900 gs's. I tried to update to 169.09 w/no luck. My earlier 8x.xx drivers were killer for overclocking. Now I cant touch the sliders in ati tool. I think I'll test a bit more but any help would be great.

where can i find what driver im running??

my laptop is Acer Aspire 5630 series (5633WLMi)

Video card nVidia geforce go 7300 256mb

and what is the best driver for me to use..

thnx