LaptopVideo2Go Forums

geforce go 6800 issues

rockyh89

hi,

i am running on an alienware laptop windows xp with the nvidia geforce go 6800 graphics card. i was playing cs:s one day when it said i needed to update drivers, so i did, but i believe i downloaded the wrong driver because it was bugging out. i then proceeded to the alienware site and downloaded their driver and installed that. neither time did i uninstall the previous driver. i restarted my computer but it wouldn't load past the windows xp screen, it would just go black. when i tried to load in safe mode it took me to the green screen of death with the infinite loop message. i booted up in vga mode and then installed the anti-infinite loop file and used that. i still couldn't boot in safe mode, so i uninstalled the nvidia driver and tried instlled one of your drivers with the modded inf's. still couldn't seem to get anything to work. eventually after some troubleshooting i got safemode to bootup. but still couldnt normally start windows xp. also, on my boot screen there are blue vertical broken lines. currently, when i try to bootup normally, my screen flashes weirdly and then goes black after the windows xp logo screen.

pleaseplease help me. i've been working on this issue for 17+ hours and still ahvent fixed it. im thinking almost about giving up and just reformating/reinstalling windows xp.

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

LaptopVideo2Go_RegInfo.txt

Going back and forth without cleaning the driver remnants may spoil your system. Get Driver Cleaner Pro and use it in safe mode, then install the new driver. May help.

yeah, after looking through forums, i realized i should uninstall nvidia driver through add/remove, and then use driver cleaner to finish the job. i did that and installed driver, but still no luck =\