LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 6150 Problem

nfs924

My laptop specs are as follows:

2gb RAM

GeForce Go 6150

AMD Turion X2 TL-64 2.2ghz

(Vista)

The main game I play is World of Warcraft. I know this card isn't designed for games at all, but I was expecting games to be playable. Currently, with all settings turned to the minimum, I'm getting around 4-7 fps (with a low resolution). I'm using a 19'' wide screen monitor connected to it, and if I play games at that resolution (1440x900), its 100% unplayable, around 1-2 fps (even with all settings on low). Is there any driver I can get that might improve my fps even 1 or 2 fps? Thanks for the help.

PS- I play games like Counter-Strike: Source, and get around 40-50fps with all settings on low.

Edited by nfs924

2gb RAM

GeForce Go 6150

(Vista)

I have the exact same specs on my laptop. I'm guessing you have an hp tx1000z tablet?

Anyway, I'm getting 30-40 fps on my WoW. The driver I'm using is a 158.x release. Just download the driver and the modded INF. Install the driver using setup.exe (not have disk)

Now, the stock settings will net you 20-30 fps on crowded towns. Just go to the Nvidia Control panel and turn off all the fancy effects for maximum performance in WoW's game profile. Just gotta turn down your resolution to 1024 x 640. Any higher and you're gonna take a large hit in FPS.

Guest Moonwolf
I have the exact same specs on my laptop. I'm guessing you have an hp tx1000z tablet?

Anyway, I'm getting 30-40 fps on my WoW. The driver I'm using is a 158.x release. Just download the driver and the modded INF. Install the driver using setup.exe (not have disk)

Now, the stock settings will net you 20-30 fps on crowded towns. Just go to the Nvidia Control panel and turn off all the fancy effects for maximum performance in WoW's game profile. Just gotta turn down your resolution to 1024 x 640. Any higher and you're gonna take a large hit in FPS.

Can you elaborate a bit more ???

Which version 158.x your using? there is like 9 different versions. And yes that is under Vista 32 Bit.

Give us the link of the your using. I am actually surprise your using 158x cause it is around April 2007 drivers. There been new one since then and those are not good?

The latest drivers from I can see cause I find there driver section so screw up....you got exemple version 5 and you would version 2 is the latest version. weird.

But anyway from I see this version is the latest one 163.16 2007-08-02 15.84MB

Which version 158.x your using? there is like 9 different versions. And yes that is under Vista 32 Bit.

Give us the link of the your using. I am actually surprise your using 158x cause it is around April 2007 drivers. There been new one since then and those are not good?

I'm currently using v158.45 Vista 32-bit. I'm not using the newest one because I've been reading around and some people seem to get worse performance on the newer drivers on older cards. I've also read around here that the 158.x drivers are the current best for Vista. Testimony from a few people is better than no testimony at all. I don't have benchmarking software to test, so I'm sure other drivers may improve performance even more.

Anyway, here's a screenshot I took

asdfeq5.jpg

Guest Mr. Matt

2gb RAM

GeForce Go 6150

(Vista)

The main game I play is World of Warcraft. I know this card isn't designed for games at all, but I was expecting games to be playable. Currently, with all settings turned to the minimum, I'm getting around 4-7 fps (with a low resolution). I'm using a 19'' wide screen monitor connected to it, and if I play games at that resolution (1440x900), its 100% unplayable, around 1-2 fps (even with all settings on low). Is there any driver I can get that might improve my fps even 1 or 2 fps? Thanks for the help.

PS- I play games like Counter-Strike: Source, and get around 40-50fps with all settings on low.

I believe your issues are driver based. I am assuming that since this laptop's new you're playing on Vista. WOW's and nVidia's driver support for Vista isn't totally u to date yet, but I'd try messing with your nVidia drivers, see if the newets ones don't help.

I have a HP Pavilion 9000 on order myself, with the same vid card, so I've been researching a bit trying to minimize problems i'll have once I try to load WOW on it.

Good luck!