LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Stereo drivers

mobilenvidia

Guest Joe Man

I have looked all over and maybe I missed it somewhere but I need a Stereo driver for my laptop.I have a SAGER NP9280 with a GTX 280M GPU Running Win 7 64bit.I am trying to use the edimensional 3d glasses that I got a few years ago that only ran on a CRT. Now that a LCD and LED can refresh at a higher rate I would like to try and use them again.I should point out that certain drivers from Nvidia would not let me use the DVI port on the back of my laptop.So I guess I need a laptop video driver that supports 3D and the stereo driver that matches.

• 3 weeks later...

I have looked all over and maybe I missed it somewhere but I need a Stereo driver for my laptop.I have a SAGER NP9280 with a GTX 280M GPU Running Win 7 64bit.I am trying to use the edimensional 3d glasses that I got a few years ago that only ran on a CRT. Now that a LCD and LED can refresh at a higher rate I would like to try and use them again.I should point out that certain drivers from Nvidia would not let me use the DVI port on the back of my laptop.So I guess I need a laptop video driver that supports 3D and the stereo driver that matches.

I think i'm in same boat as you. edimensional 3d glasses are active shutter glasses yes? ... i think Nvidia enforce only using there shutter glasses unless using a 3DTV set up (sounds like you don't 120hz PC monitor?)Does edimensional

Do the Edementional glasses have any way to stay in time with the monitor?.

Try this 3rd party 3D Wrapper http://www.tridef.com/download/TriDef-3D-4.4.html has free trail and lots of option maybe one will work for your set up.

Also just for 3DTV only stuff! can ignore this if not using a TV monitor:P or monitor that uses 1.4a (i think some might but not many atm)

Also 280m is not suported for HDMI 1.4a according to Nvidia (im perplexed at this along with 9800m series) could be a error on there behalf but that means no way to connect these laptops GPU to a 3DTV with native HDMI 1.4a method. So depending on 3DTV you might have to use Side by side mode etc (i hear some Acer 1.4a HDMI PC monitor have no such mode so you would be screwed!) (not all TV have this thou and its not as good a method as HDMI 1.4a... be interested if any one on here knows if 280m/260m 9800m GT/GTX can support HDMI 1.4a really? perhaps via a work around.. as ive sent a 120hz 1920x1080 signal over my HDMI port and i thought HDMI 1.4a was just 1920x1080 at 24hz or 48hz for 3D.. which is not as high obviously? or is it the Audio bad-with or some other "timings???" issue that ruins the HDMI method on older HDMI gpus? Kinda wana find out if i should give up on HDMI 1.4a connection or not :) im lucky and can do Side by Side mode or interlaced 3D.. but i think HDMI 1.4a framepacked is best as shows more frames to the player and wasts less frames shown at the same time but hidden to one eye? idknow mabye im wrong? ..

Hmm any who sorry for this last part more a question than a answer focus on what i said up top and try that DDD Tri3D program might work it out for you with out having to worrie with nvidia drivers.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a bit of an old topic but I wasnt sure where else to post this and i can't create new topics so here goes:

I have an Asus G51VX laptop. It has the GeForce GTX260M card in it and is technically capable of 3D vision by using a 3D vision kit and hooking it to an external monitor.

Now about a year or so after Asus released this laptop, they started releasing 3D vision laptops starting with the G51J-3D. The only differences between the G51J-3d and the G51VX was the Chipset, Proc, Ram, Bios and ofcorce, G51J-3d has the 120hz screen. They both use the GeForce GTX260M, I decided to do a little expiriment and purchase the same 120HZ screen used in the G51J and install it in my G51VX as well as a 3D Vision kit. The screen works fine in 120hz mode no problems.

The issue i am now having is that no nVidia driver I have tried to date will detect it as a compatible display. I keep getting the error that the laptops display is not compatible even though it is in 120HZ mode.

I have forced stereo 3d on using an old set of drivers and anaglyph mode. I then switch it to say CRT and load up DDD drivers and they do work to some extent. But I get really poor FPS.

My question is, does anyone know of any way to force the nvidia drivers to detect the LCD? My original though was maybe i need a different LVDS cable but then I imagine if I didnt HAVE the correct one, then the screen wouldnt got into 120HZ mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Laptop is currently runnin Win 7 Pro x64.

Edited by mortuarius