• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• 3-S-E

• mattias

• envydyauser

seems like these drivers don't do anything for the 79xx mobility series

i don't know what i did, but i was able to get the beta drivers to work no problem on my clevo m570u(sager 5670 with the 7950gtx), sadly bioshock is only playable at the lowest setting at my native resolution (1920x1200) and all i get is ~30 FPS (vsync off)

Guest Jonathan

As an update to what I posted before: (I also have an XPSM170 with a Geforce Go 7800 GTX)

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers again, this time using a driver cleaner in between in safe mode.

This fixed the problem of the screen not turning off when I close my laptop lid! The stutter in WoW is also gone, although I have noticed my frame rates behaving a bit erratically. Nothing horrible, but where I used to get a fairly stable 55 FPS at all times, it now seems to kind of bounce around between 40 and 60 randomly, regardless of what area I'm in or what I'm doing. Very occasionally it will dip to around 35, but the game is still very playable and I would likely not even notice the different if I didn't have the FPS displaying at the bottom of the screen.

I still get the mouse freeze when I boot up for about a minute, but it goes away fairly quickly and isn't anything more than a minor annoyance.

Bioshock is still looking good; I'm not using FRAPS or anything but the game is definitely playable on high at 1920x1200. I have noticed that the smoke effects don't really look all that great and in some areas the shadowing looks a little blocky, but it's nothing major and I'm not experiencing any big slowdown or stutter anymore.

Additionally, I've noticed that my GPU idling temperature is a bit higher than it was before (Now around 50-55C instead of 40-45C), but it doesn't seem to get as hot when there's a lot of strain on it. (I also recently cleaned my fans though)

I should note that I recently did a main HD format and reinstall of Windows about a month ago, so that might be why I'm not having the problems that other people with M170s seem to be having.

I have an M7700 Alienware with an Nvidia 6800 ultra video card. I can run Bioshock ok for the most part, but there are certain points where it stutters or just a slow framerate. So I decided to try these beta drivers. Everything installs fine, but after installation the screen flickers back and forth to a black screen, as if the monitor is turning on and off. I did driver cleaner from safe mode, and ensured I used the modified INF. I went back to the drivers I was using, the 91.47 Nforce set. I also tried with a couple of other drivers in the 100 series, and they do the same thing. Is there something preventing my card from going beyond the 90 series drivers?

Guest hegele

I am running Bioshock on a Geforce Go 7600 (vaio AR90 laptop) and i can't seem to find Nvidia updates for anything. Nvidia's update page only is suitible for Go drivers 7800 and up, does anyone know what i can do?

I should note that I recently did a main HD format and reinstall of Windows about a month ago, so that might be why I'm not having the problems that other people with M170s seem to be having.
I can confirm that the reinstall and format of your HD has nothing to do with it. I have only just installed XP less than a week ago.

My mate has an identical laptop, this too is plagued by BSOD and nv4_disp error.

:)

hi guys i got a 8400m gt on my vaio and when it was on vista it was showing 890mb (shared memory with 64mb dedicated) in control panel, now that i put xp and installed this driver it shows 256mb in control panel (in my vaio bios there is no option to give more memory do my grafic card) so should i understand that my card will be limited to 256mb?

if no how to solve?

thanks.

Guest Cactuscat

I've got a Go 7600 on my Toshiba Qosmio, running 32bit XP. Toshiba don't seem to have released new drivers since some time in 2006, and I really would like to play Bioshock without stuttering etc. Would we recommend this driver? Should I take the time to combine infs to make sure it's perfectly geared to my lappy? Help would be greatly appreciated.

I definitely do not recommend this one to anyone who has an older laptop card (7800, 7900), especially if they have multiple monitors like an external flat panel.

If you have a dell, the year-old 'dell' drivers actually work fine with this game...

This driver works great on my go 7900 gs. I can run it all High settings 1280x800 20-40 FPS without overclocking. Unfortunately I got rid of the demo because I already played it to death so no more test. Before I had 97.92 and games like BF2 and Oblivion seem to run the same.

Guest Jamm0r

I'm using the good old 84.63 mobile drivers, they run Bioshock like a charm on my 7800GTX. These new drivers cut my Bioshock fps in half and produce massive stuttering...

Guest LuckyCharmer

This might appeal to those that do not have the latest GPUs. I have a one year old Alienware m5500 with the 256MB Geforce Go 6600. Using the 84.21 drivers I can play the game just fine on Medium settings. Things become a little choppy if there is a lot of action or particle effects on the screen, but it is certainly very playable. Turning off High Quality Post Processing is another option for those of you that may experience stuttering or lower than desired framerates.

m7700 with 7900gtx,

latest official nvidia drivers wont even let me in the game, but these work well

as long as i load with high shaders off, its fine,

i can even switch the shaders on once i'm in game but it can be a little tempramental

Asus A6T with 7600Go - when attempting to hibernate or to invoke the new nVidia control panel, my ntb completely freezes (not even a BSOD), normal shutdown is Ok. Anyway the PowerMizer seems to be OK now. I also tried the 163.16 with the new .inf, there the control panel works fine, but the problem with hibernation is the same.

I too have a Dell laptop with an older 7800 GTX board. I have yet to find a single new driver beyond the official Dell drivers that actually work right and perform better. There is a lot of weird instability that comes from trying anything newer. 3DMark05 will pause occasionally and I end up over 1000 points lower than with the Dell drivers. Even the desktop will occasionally pause strangely and the driver install doesn't go as fast as it normally would with the Dell drivers.

I am using a Dell XPS M170 with a GeForce Go 7800 GTX. I tried this driver yesterday after doing a full uninstall with the modded INF and it seemed to install fine, but my laptop locked up on the first reboot. After doing a cold boot, Windows booted to the desktop and everything seemed fine. I tried to open up the NVIDIA control panel, but it would just crash and it would do the same with repeated attempts. I have not tried it with Bioshock or to see if other features such as Fn-F8 would work. I uninstalled it and went back to the latest Dell driver.

That's a little odd, as I have the exact same laptop and graphics card and get the opposite. When I use Dell's latest drivers Bioshock doesn't boot and comes up with a "send error report to microsoft" exception. With these drivers everything works fine, including Bioshock. Did you make sure you had latest directX?

Incidentally, it is a little annoying that Dell aren't posting new drivers or a BIOS for the M170 anymore.. still, if it aint broke..

The old Dell 84.69 drivers do work for the game, albeit not quite right. It takes a very long time for the game to load up a save. A few mins. And once I get in, the textures still aren't on most surfaces and that takes another few mins to happen. It's pretty strange, and I do wonder if it's related to these years-old drivers.

As for Dell not updating, this is what happens when NV won't directly support you. I'm sure Dell would have to pay NV to release new drivers, and since Dell isn't getting money off this hardware anymore, that will probably never happen. The computer sellers never support anything long-term. Except for Intel Wireless drivers, lol. But Intel lets you install their latest drivers directly from them, too.

Edited by swaaye

Oh, I wasn't logged in... Okay... additionaly I want you to know, that PowerMizer seems to be enabled at the control panel of nvidia's driver, but I can't access it via Notebook Hardware Control anymore (with 94.24 I could). Riva Tuner's monitoring tool shows the full speed clocking, too (450 : 400 Mhz), even if on desktop without any graphic-stuff.

Guest EvoBlade
Ahh..M9700 Alienware here.. Same problems as above..screen just goes black after you press continue on the second pop up.

M9700 here too... I installed the driver for the first card and everything seemed ok, then I decided to install the driver on the second card before changing any settings and get a black screen. And now after I rebooted, I forgot to enter safe mode to uninstall driver and Lo and behold it seems to be working. uh... well sort of ... The second card was listed under the "?" section, but had the cards name. So, I told it I wanted to update the driver, let windows pick the best driver (only because I unistalled and then cleaned up after the previous driver), and rebooted. Then I enabled SLI and fired up WOW... perfect. I can alt+tab in and out and everything (something I couldn't do in SLI mode with Alienware's drivers). So you can get these to work on the m9700 in SLI.

Guest k2theman

Strange problem...after installing these drivers on my Dell Vostro 1500, I have a weird effect when watching movies. When viewing in fullscreen, the bottom half of the video is distorted. The effect is like a bunch of horizontal lines, almost like "waves". The top half of the video is just fine - only the bottom half has this issue. As well, the issue disappears when the movie is viewed in a small window, but reappears as soon as the video is fullscreened.

I updated codecs (latest K-Lite pack) and switched to Media Player Classic to no avail. Any ideas?

I've played around with these drivers and have found out that my videocard IS underclocking when I plug out the power-supply.

But it's not the behavior I expected.

It seems, that there are only two powermizer states enabled: High 3D Power and Low 3D Power.

My card is running with power-supply on 450:400 Mhz (as defined for highpower 3D) and 200:200 Mhz (as defined for lowpower 3D). 100:150 as defined for standart-2D mode is not available in any case.

I also miss these PowerMizer slider. At the controlpanel there are only three options "use powermizer", "don't use it", "maximize batterielife".

As mentioned before Notebook Hardware Control doesn't have powermizer access.

For now I've underclocked my notebook with rivatuner in lowpower 3d to extend batterielife.