LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.44 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, BiOSHOCK

®®®

Quality of v163.44 Vista 32bit  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recommend this driver?

• No
    • Yes

Unfotunately, after installing 163.44 driver I'm not able to play Bioshock demo - it hangs at the loading level screen. I have compal FL90 with gf 8600M GT, and with previously installed drivers (101.08, from Intel website) I was able to play this demo. Someone maybe has similar issue?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• ScaryMovies

• Buddybot111

• TOX

Hi all..

Great drivers.. Worked perfect on my aspire 5920.. Bioshock demo runs very faster..

But there's no way to overclock my 8600mGT with them?

I used ATItool with the 165.01 drivers.. But it isn't working with this release..

Can somebody help me? Thanks..

Edited by BERTO89

I have a geforce go 7600 and when I run the 163.44 drivers my 3dmark 2003 benchmarks are about 50 points less than the 158.24 drivers for some reason my display size running 3d mark 2003 and UT2004 does not fill the 17in screen but the normal desktop display is fine at 1680X1050, all the other vista drivers I have used have not had this problem. Can anyone help me out or is anyone else having this same problem.

Guest brownstonemr

Working well on my go 7900gtx. The 16xx.xx. drivers give me screen corruption or just don't run properly. These however are working good and am using them instead of the 158.45. Didn't really notice a difference in bioshock though and lost about 12 points in 3dmark06 which is nothing.

So yeah I think they are good drivers.

Guest Guest*Darkspark88

Best drivers. I can't believe how great these are. I lose a few frames compared to the 158.45 drivers, but they are worth it for the stability, compatibility fixes (BIOSHOCK doesn't run on 158.45 according to some) and enhancements. No problems.

Defaults to "Use Nvidia Scaling with Fixed Pixel Aspect Ration". I couldn't figure out why there were black bars running on a lot of applications and older games, such as the Sonic Mega Collection. This is why.

Control panel loads quickly.

I can't be 100% sure it's down to these drivers, because I've done a fresh reinstall...but whereas HD downloaded video used to use about 30-40% CPU, it now uses 20-30%.

Acer 5920G

Vista Home Premium

Nvidia 8600M GT

I tried rolling back to 158.45 using the "Have Disk Method" and I encountered lots of graphical corruption. May be an isolated case, but think people should know about it. Returned to 163.44...Perfect.

I've got an Asus G1S with core 2 duo 2.2 and geforce 8600m gt. tried to play bioshock and when it tried to load i got a bluescreen of death making reference to the nv4_sys file or something. i dunno... didn't have time to write it down. i reverted back to asus's latest drivers for that card on their website, and now i can get the game to start, but after the first cinematic the game stops working. feh. help please. already tried running the game in admin

When i try to install these drivers i get the following error " setup detected that this computer is not running windows vista 32 bit." It goes on to tell me that it can only install in a computer with windows vista 32 bit and closes the installer. I AM running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit version on my computer. It even says so in my system properties.

Please help!!!

Wow, on my macbookpro 8600 I noticed a HUGE jump in frames as well as in other graphic intense games like Tomb Raider Legend. Now if only I could overclock, then I could really unleash this baby...

Guest Guest With Civ Problems

I installed these drivers on my Asus G1 (GeForce Go 7700 512MiB vRAM, 2GiB RAM, Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz) and the Bioshock demo ran fine. Tomorrow I will try the full version of Bioshock without these drivers, for the reason below, and see how I go!

Unfortunately Civilization IV: Beyond The Sword is displaying pretty severe graphics corruption with these drivers: main menu doesn't show text, graphics corruption in game when popups appear, etc. Take caution with these drivers if you have Civ IV installed!

I have not tested these with Bioshock (still crashes on startup for me), but I have tested them with HL2 and Oblivion. Oblivion works well, and subjectively it seems faster. HL2 acts slightly strangely (randomly skips startup logo videos, they look odd when they do show, crashed the first time I ran it), but the game itself works fine and seems faster.

I was just wondering if anyone knows why when I install the 163.44. drivers on a geforce go7600, with 17in widescreen that the desktop resolution is fine at 1680X1050, but when I run 3d mark benchmark or games like UT 2004 i dont have full display on the widescreen, there is 3 or 4 inches of black screen on both sides, is there a setting i can change? havent seen this with any of the other drivers, Can anyone help me figure this out? wanting to use these drivers for bioshock.

Thanks

Guest Chris Wareham

I installed the driver the other night and was happy with the outcome. I first tried playing stronghold 2 which I played

when I had XP. Well since converting to Vista the graphics were crappy. After this latest install the game works like a champ.

I would go so far to say that my games run faster and smoother now.

I have a Geforce 7600GS AGP. Thank god nvidia is finally doing something right. :)

I was just wondering if anyone knows why when I install the 163.44. drivers on a geforce go7600, with 17in widescreen that the desktop resolution is fine at 1680X1050, but when I run 3d mark benchmark or games like UT 2004 i dont have full display on the widescreen, there is 3 or 4 inches of black screen on both sides, is there a setting i can change? havent seen this with any of the other drivers, Can anyone help me figure this out? wanting to use these drivers for bioshock.

Thanks

I saw this same plm somewhere, here is solve plm

In Nvidia Control Panel..."change flat panel scaling"...( number 2. tick "use nvidia scaling"...apply....ok

hope it help

Hi guys, I'm new to these forums, and I am about to install drivers from this site for the first time, and I am a bit unsure on how I am supposed to do this. I've read the FAQs and looked at the guides ..but I'm a complete n00b at this and I just bought this laptop so I don't want to f**ck anything up =P

Is this how I am supposed to do it:

1) DL the originall files from Nvidia's site

- Or am I supposed to go here and click the "Driver" button? http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=14562

2) Then I click the DL Modded INF file button and DL the modded INF

3) Open the self extractor and press extract the driver, then place the modded inf file inside the extracted driver folder.

4) Go to: device manager -> display adapters -> NVIDIA GeForce 8600m GT -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Now I get two choicses : NVIDIA Geforce 8600M GT and Standard VGA Grahpics Adapter. I'm supposed to select 8600M GT right?

After that I select Browse -> select the extracted driver folder -> next -> Install this driver software anyway

I've been loking at this guide:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=11997

But in that guide he only has once choice, the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Am I supposed to choose that too or am I supposed to chose NVIDIA Geforce 8600m GT? Also when I put the modded INF file into the extracted driver folder, do I have to delete something inside that folder before I put the modded INF file in it?

Help would be very much appriciated :)

EDIT: I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, and these are the 8600m's current drivers 7.15.11.138

Edited by ScaryMovies

Okay thanks. But do I install the drivers from Nvidia.com or the ones on page 1 of this thread. Also if the drivers fecks up preformance in my other games, can I just press the "Roll Back" button to go back to my previous drivers? Oh yeah..and do I have to delete something in the extracted driver folder before putting the modded INF file in there? I'm sorry for all the questions, but as I said I'm a n00b and I don't want to mess up my pc :)

I didn't notice any performance difference, but while playing Half life 2 episode one I get wierd colored dots on the screen (game still plays fine), i've only noticed it in that game so far. I'm not going to bother rolling back anyway.

Runs bioshock and every other game I have great on my 8700GT.