LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.44 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, BiOSHOCK

®®®

Quality of v163.44 Vista 32bit  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recommend this driver?

• No
    • Yes

On my M1710 with a 7900 GS even after running the Microsoft patch and installing these drivers got a wierd sliced desktop affect. It went away with aero turn off but not getting any better performance, well actually worse performance on both my windows rating and on WoW. Going back to the 101.19 from Dell as they provide the best stability with perfromance of recent.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• ScaryMovies

• Buddybot111

• TOX

Its already been mentioned on here but I'm also having this problem.

If I go to Adjust Desktop Colour Settings in the Nvidia Control Panel (I want to turn the brightness right down), Vista doesn't remember the settings and sets it back to default.

Actually, it does remember the setting because the brightness slider is at the level I set. Just seems that its ignored and reverts to the default setting.

Is anyone else having this issue? Would appreciate if somebody could adjust the Desktop Colour settings, reboot and see if they take effect or revert back to default. :)

Hi, I've been browsing these forums for a while looking for some help with my Inspiron 1520 w/ 2GB ram and a 256 MB GeForce 8600M GT, in particular with BIOSHOCK (which I unfortunately bought before becoming acquainted with lv2g). :)

Anyways, as far as I know you need to use drivers with modded INFs with the 'mobile' video cards, or the drivers provided by the manufacturer (in my case Dell). I have read several times that people have had no problems installing the v163.44 driver for their 8600M cards, but the v163.44 driver has no modded INF (yet). What's the deal?

Am I just missing something? How could I use the driver with no INF?

Thanks, Andy

Guest graybandit
These drivers are causing windows to crash everytime it boots up.. the screen just gets some funky color lines across it and then it shuts down.

The only way to reboot is in safemode for me right now. but these drivers crashed when i installed them and now i can't boot up with them

Running:

AMD Turion 64

Vista 32

Geforce 6150 Go

2gig of ram

hey

similar stats on my laptop here (sempron 1.8ghz, everything else the same) and the same problem. to fix it, uninstall the card in safe mode completely, then install a different driver (manufacturer basic works for me, also recommend 158.45)

dunno what the issue is, but it will _not_ let me install these drivers, and rolling back in safe mode does not work either, only a full uninstall works.

Guest graybandit

Attention all Go 6100/6150 owners:

I've tried repeatedly to install the 163.44 driver to no avail on my system, specs as follows:

Presario F557us, 1.8ghz Sempron, 2gb RAM, Go 6150 set to 128mb shared, vista basic

It will _not_ boot with this driver installed, simply flashes bios and windows load then goes to a black screen.

Rolling back the driver in safe mode also does _not_ work, you must uninstall the device completely, then install a different driver. I recommend your basic manufacturer one, or 158.45 w/ pieter's inf.

I think this is a driver incompatibility, as my other nvidia laptop works just fine with this driver, but the Go 6150 does not. 158.45 also works with satisfactory performance (even FEAR Extraction Point on lowest settings :) )

Best of luck,

Ryan

Guest Matthew

I installed these on my Dell M1710 (7900GTX) and at first got the distorted desktop problem. After a uninstall, running DriverCleaner and then reinstalling, the desktop corruption problem was gone and thing seemed fine, but the Nvidia control panel refuses to allow me to rotate my second external display in any direction. I went back to 158.45 and all is well again - anyone else have the rotation issue or seen that one before?

Has anyone tried using 163.44 with Halo 2? Gives me a an initialization error which doesn't occur with lower drivers.

The Vista inf file is not working on Dell Vostro 1500 with 8600M GT/Vista Ultimate. I uninstalled the Dell driver so that it just had a "Standard VGA Driver" and tried both setup.exe and the update from inf methods, it simply doesnt find the card at all. I've uploaded the inf file from the Dell drivers to the Support forum in case it helps to solve the issue.

Edited by covenant

Has anyone tried using 163.44 with Halo 2? Gives me a an initialization error which doesn't occur with lower drivers.

Yes i tried that, and it runs halo 2 even better than before installing the driver. ^_^

and thanks so much for this driver, that was the only one that made Bioshock working on my vaio FZ190

Edited by farshid

... but the v163.44 driver has no modded INF (yet). What's the deal?

Am I just missing something? How could I use the driver with no INF?

The modded INf is always linked for everybody to download in the first post of each and every driver thread.

This is also the answer for guest covenant, who cannot find his GPU listed while updating.

Works pretty good on my Geforce Go 8700M GT, by the way, why are there no official drivers for my video card at all? Has anyone else noticed this?

It's almost like they don't support this card, but it's brand new... I don't get it.

Anyways this driver fixed all my gaming issues, but my movies are still choppy, and the audio/video get out of sync now.

Anyone else have this problem on a 8700M GT? or am I the only one with it?

Display corruption on desktop of vista with aero on. This is on e1705 with go 7900 gs. The display corruption goes away when I enter the control panel and it shows the nvidia preview thing spinning. When I close that, corruption comes back shortly. Other than that gaming performance on Tabula Rasa, WoW, and CS:S is about same as the 158.45s. I tried all 3 places 163.44: the one here, tweakforce, and tweaksmobile. All to same results. I havn't tried flashing the gtx bios and these drivers but I'm guessing problem will be same.

Acer 5920G fresh out from box. I installed these drivers (and installation went perfect). System is very stable, running temperaure of the GOU under HEAVY LOAD is 78-79 ° Celsius.

I have experienced suddenly crashes of the video driver under the game Lineage 2 running at full settings with great performances (you know , I mean the situation in which windows vista says that the driver stopped working properly and has been fixed). For suddenly crashes I mean 1 crash after 3 hours of hard gaming. I don't know if this can depend from the GPU temp (GF8600GT M is very hot, you know) or by the driver self...

Hi there,

When i first installed these drivers I noticed the same screen corruptions written before, while WoW / Bioshock / CC3 ran just fine without any problems, each time the corruptions started i was busy in windows for a minute or two, while the games were acting just fine.

I deleted the drivers the proper way ( software - Uninstall Nvidia Drivers - search for Nvidia leftovers / delete those - restart in safe, mode reinstall the drivers - boot the normal way ) and the corruptions in Windows were gone :)

Im running a Dell XPS M1710

Geforce GO 7950 GTX 512mb

Windows Vista 32bit

And for performance: These drivers are great, several FPS up in WoW / Bioshock etc, so I'd recommand these drivers to anyone.

I hope i helped some of the people with the same screen corruptions I had,

Araghius

Had the exact same problem on the same system/card. Thank you for the help. Also, for those running into the problem of the setup saying that their 32 bit Vista isn't 32 bit vista... here's a solution: You're using the driver download from Nvidia. Don't! Go back to page one of this thread, first post, and download the driver from the link there. Run as the guide suggests, and you'll be golden.

Thanks for all the great work!

Braver

>Also, for those running into the problem of the setup saying that their 32 bit Vista isn't 32 bit vista... here's a solution: You're using the driver download from Nvidia. Don't! Go back to page one of this thread, first post, and download the driver from the link there. Run as the guide suggests, and you'll be golden.

I've been saying this for a long time!! 80% of "this driver doesn't work" or "this driver sucks" is due to folks sstopping by here and just grabbing the .inf!!

hahah.... :) you wouldn't believe how many fools think the drivers here are the exact same as the ones off of the nvidia site!!

Hi All,

Really new to all this stuff, so apologies if I ask stupid questions, never used modded drivers before.

Just got myself a Acer AS 5920G, with 256MB 8600m GT, this card is not supported by Nvidia, hence I am here. Noticed drivers you get from Acer say 75.11, really old and more then a little rubbish. So I came here, but have the following questions.

Ok here we go, can you please answer the following (easier if I list them, then just ramble on):

1) Is it best to install THIS driver using the ?Hard Disk? method, just with everyone talking about flashing the BIOS, something I really don?t want to do.

2) Noticed that laptops generally run quite warm and even hot at times (was kick out of C&C3, with a direct3d error, which may have been due to heat, machine had been gaming for 5.5 hours non-stop though). Will modded drivers cause my card to overheat? (I really don?t want to risk it, and hence don?t care about over clocking).

3) Is this driver the same as the one I downloaded from nVidia? Just so I only need to download the modded *.inf, as I have dial-up.

4) If I were to switch the *.inf I downloaded with the stock drivers, and use it with this driver, would it work? Just seems a potential way to install a driver without introducing issues (sleep mode not working etc).

5) It there a new driver out there which supports my card + laptop 100%, just like it would if it came from Acer?

Sorry for going on a lot but I have many questions, I assume I can always role back my driver especially if I install it using the ?Have Disk? method.

Thanks

hahah.... :) you wouldn't believe how many fools think the drivers here are the exact same as the ones off of the nvidia site!!
This statement is plainly wrong and needs to be corrected to prevent spreading of false information. We do NOT and have never been modifying any of the driver files as stated by us to other users a couple of times in this forum and on the disclaimer page. You can check this by binary comparing our driver with the original releases of NVIDIA. The only file we change and then offer as separate download is the INF... and that since about 4 years. Nothing has changed here. I cannot understand how people still are confused about this when they run into installation errors assuming it's about us modifying the driver.

The problem about file not found errors lies within the unproper usage of International driver sets with Pieter's INF made for an english-only driver or an English-only driver set using Pieter's INF made for an International driver. So the statement from Guest Braver:

Also, for those running into the problem of the setup saying that their 32 bit Vista isn't 32 bit vista... here's a solution: You're using the driver download from Nvidia. Don't! Go back to page one of this thread, first post, and download the driver from the link there. Run as the guide suggests, and you'll be golden.

Thanks for all the great work!

pretty good hits the nail.

NVIDIA have recently included again (like in the Pre 53.00 driver series) installation instructions for any language files into the INF, which makes it a must to have the matching set of driver and INF. You can't download the english-only driver and use the Pieter's INF made for the driver we offer: the complete International driver release (including all languages)... as stated in the first post of this thread.

It's beyond our responsibility to take care that you guys use common sense and read pinned FAQs.

is there a reason why the screen flickers with the 3dmark in sli mode? i have the alienware m9700. please let me know if sli is possible with vista. or it is just 3dmark that is screwing up.

Hello folks,

where can I download NvLiTE 2.131???? Only 2.116 and 2.119 are available.... :) I need the Vista version.

Guest LiamSevier

After following the installation instructions to the T; http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=11997 , I am still unable to install this driver on my XPS2 (6800 Ultra, Vista Ultimate 32bit).

I receive the following error message;

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device - Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra. The system cannot find the file specified. If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software."

Guest Shorkan
Can anyone recommend this driver for Geforce Go 7900 GS on Vista Home Premium, maybe on a Dell Inspiron 9400?

I've got 7900 GO on Vista Home, just the same Inspiron 9400. 163.44 are running with no problems at all =).

However, Bioshock runs just a little better than before. Only a few fps more in some places... but a few fps more after all.

Good luck, and sorry for my poor english.

Hello all, I also have an Alienware 9700 with vista, and with these drivers installed everything seems fine until I enable SLI. I try to play command and conquer 3 and it is as if the screen flickers continously, with single card mode everything is fine. Also with SLI enabled if I just let the laptop sit for a while and then try to do something with the mouse it seems like the two video cards get out of sync with what is displayed on screen. Again with single card enabled I do not get this problem. I guess SLI laptops with vista is not very compatable yet.