LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA GO 7900 GS

sp1cychick3n

I tried updating my drivers for NVIDIA GO 7900 GS (my laptop is a Dell Inspiron E 1705) and it got up to the point where it states that it is installing the drivers but then the screen goes dark and a blinking dash appears in the upper left hand corner. This happened twice. I had to go into safe mode and restore my system. I checked the drivers details for the card while in safe mode and it shows that it had the latest ones--the drivers that I got from this site. But the screen appears dark when I run in normal mode. The usable driver--the driver that came with the care, is 7.15.10.9746 and is dated 12/7/06. Does anyone know what the problem is. I would really appreciate it. I already made a thread about this but nobody helped me out. Again, I would really really appreciate your help.