LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Using Modded INF file on laptop

Guest Jrez

Like the description says, I used your method and got the newest 163.44 drivers installed on my geforce go 7900 gs (mostly for Bioshock).

Problem is after it is installed I get bsod when i try to open an application. Any Ideas?

Like the description says, I used your method and got the newest 163.44 drivers installed on my geforce go 7900 gs (mostly for Bioshock).

Problem is after it is installed I get bsod when i try to open an application. Any Ideas?

If you read about 163.44 it is only for PC video cards. not laptops. search for one that says its for a GeForce Go

7xxx

If you're on vista and you installed an XP driver, you'll get the BSOD. May not be the case, but just throwing it out there...

Guest potat008

Same story. I used the modded .inf file to get the drivers to load for my Go 7900 GS on my M1710, and as soon as the driver installation starts wrapping up I get a blue screen. I understand that these drivers weren't necessarily meant for laptops, but how else am I going to play Bioshock?

Just try another driver... 163.44 was released as a driver that was optimized for Bioshock, much like there were drivers for HL2 and others. It doesn't mean that you NEED this driver to play Bioshock.

I'm happy with 162.15 or 162.16 right now, personally.

I'm using 163.44 and Vsta x64 I've had no problems (touch wood) so far.

Probably the best driver since the 101.xx ones.