LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 7950 GTX SLI Owners (Alienware, DELL, Clevo etc.)

Guyver1

Guest shadedred

After doing some research, I realized the "Nvapps.xm_" file are just profiles, which I highly doubt would affect performance at all, as you can create new profiles and edit profiles. Maybe someone can correct me on that, but I don't see how a simple file with updated profiles will help any.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guyver1

• ATI ---> Nvidia SLI

• Grey728

• mobilenvidia

You are correct, this file controls the game profiles. You can even use the MS expand.exe from the command prompt to accomplish the same thing. And I know you may be skeptical about it working, and maybe it won't work for you, but I urge you to try it before you knock it. I mean, I have a m9750 and I'm playing Bioshock just fine using that method. It runs flawlessly with all of the options maxed out at 1280x800 (which is just fine for me). It never even hitches.

Yes, and to isolate the setting responsible for the speedup you need to expand both nvapps.xml file and compare the settings for bioshock (if it even exist in the default alienware driver).

That is absolutely correct. There is no profile for Bioshock in the Alienware driver. Thus, the addition of a profile makes the game run really well.

I did some testing in Bioshock last night using the SLi On-Screen Graph, and I confirm that my SLi is pumping away at near optimal capacity throughout the entire Arcadia level.

Guest shadedred

Trias10, yeah, I was a bit skeptical, but after doing some more reading on profiles, you probably are right. I mean, you are right. The added profiles might indeed enable certain hardware options that the stock Alienware driver does not allow. It appears that there are more option enabled on desktop SLI drivers, some of which don't seem to show up on the Alienware drivers... looks good, will definitely try it.

By the way, what settings/resolution are you running Bioshock on?

have you guys tried 163.69 as it fixes countless SLI issues :)

There may be some good news guys. Toshiba just announced their new SLI systems (8600m GT x2) and with some luck the drivers they release will work with your laptops!

hi. someone help me please. i have an alienware m9750 laptop, with 1 nvidia go 9750gtx card. please someone tell me where can i find driver for wlan, and a program for tv tuner. and wheres the newest nvidia driver? a looked up for these at www.nvidia.com and alienware.com, but i cant foun them. thx.

Anyone know if these Alienware drivers are better than the Clevo D900C drivers?

I'm about to try both of them tomorrow and see which one works better.

unless the clevo D900C uses the nvidia n100 chip on the motherboard for SLI then you wont be able to use them properly on the m9750.

once again for those too lazy to read:

1. if you only have ONE gfx card installed in your m9750 your free to use ANY driver on this website with the corresponding modified inf file.

2. if your m9750 has TWO GFX cards in SLI then your stuck with the Alienware 94.23's as they are the only ones that correctly install with the n100 chipset. You CAN however install a later profile file from newer drivers as shown in posts above.

I'll update the initial post in this thread to reflect this at some point today or tonight.

I got the same probs with my hardware that is different from yours. There is no chance to enable the Sli mode in drivers above the 94.23.. Even the option Sli configuration is missing. I nearly tested all of them and everytime its the same. I got the installation for both cards and after reboot only one card is working. It is amazing that the system info displays both cards but in 3Dmark06 i got the half points after testing

Guess its a driver problem not only for your chipset. My nVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) is for AMD and doesn't like these drivers at all.

The nvapps tweak doesnt work for me. When i switch to Bioshock profil i got a bad perfomance dropdown and its impossible to play the game. The UTgame.exe profile works much better with my hardware. You only have to rename the bioshock.exe into UTgame.exe. Its because the game uses the Unreal 3 Engine like Rainbow Six Vegas for example. Just give it a try when you got the same profil probs.

So all we can do is to wait for a driver that works for us Sli users. And this can take a lot of time.... I know cause before Alienware released the 94.23. i had to use my original driver 84.15. for nearly one year and this was a really poor driver......

Steve

(after giving them a lot of money they kick your butt and discontinue developing Sli drivers :) )

Guest Guest1

Hi Guyver1~

I don't know if you are still updating this thread or perhaps.. will make a reply to my post

I got my Alienware m9750 notebook like 2 days ago, Im still have trouble to find the right driver for my graphic card

My spec are the following

-Window Vista 32 bit

-1GB Kingston Ram x 2

-Nvidia Geforce Go 7950 GTX x 1

I will tried the latest driver on the alienware website, in result, I still getting that "Display driver is not responding and now is recovered" and sometimes it will lock

up my computer and just restart "blue screen" with the file name "nvdllmkm.sys" :)

I even tried to reinstall the window, but obviously, it didn't help!~ I tried your recommendation by downloading the driver you suggested on this website, but still, it didn't work out!! Now I really don't know what to do!

should I try downloading the driver from nvidia website ? I konw it won't let me install because they do not have the coressponding inf file, and I know that you can get the modded inf from the website "laptogo"?, but since im a computer noob, i have no idea how to get that to work ~ is it possible that you can do a more details procedures for me?! and what version that I need to download? :O

Any help will be appreicated ! Thanks alot!

Uninstall your existing drivers first.

then follow this thread: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=9243

i would try and stick with the non beta drivers on the alienware website, but feel free to try any of the drivers on these forums (try the 163.44 bioshock drivers for example)

the reason i will not do a detailed explanation of how to install custom inf files etc is that these instructions already exist by the admins on these forums, you just need to read a bit more :)

Guest Guest1

Wow, you guys are amazing, i can't believe you replied my post within a hour :)

And Thanks for the link above, it is really helpful !! Im gonna try to install the 163.44 drivers and see! Wish me luck

I don't know how to express it in word, but thank you, Guyver1

no problem

and the quickness of the reply was just luck :) I just happened to be awake and reading the forum :) :P

Hey guys, have you guys tried Toshiba's SLI drivers? THey may work for you guys in windows vista. They're version 156.64

Here

Though that's given that you guys modify your own infs to add your gpus

Edited by jessi3k3

wont work unless the toshiba uses the n100 chip/intel i945 chipset for SLI

Guest Guest1

sorry Guys, to post a reply on this thread have nohing related with the support issue ;(

I've tried different drivers on the website, but it still doesn't solve the problem "nvlddmkm.sys" issue T-T

Just wondering if I should ship it back to alienware for repair or re-fund the systems? any comment on that?!!

Thanks ><

you need to be a bit more specific.

XP or vista?

1 GPU or 2?

do the defualt alienware drivers supplied on the driver CD work?

i just googled nvlddmkm.sys and it threw back a load of different reasons and fixes, you might wanna do some reading :)

Guest Guest1

once again, thanks for the reply Guyver

my notebook is using Window vista 32 bit

the alienware drivers supplied by the Respawn / supoort CDs both fail , blue screen, black screen, auto restart and such when im trying to run anything related to 3D

the system works fine under the "Standard VGA graphic adapter" but it just looks bad!

and... sadly I don't even know what GPU is ;( Oh, i just checked the dictionary, Graphic processing unit ,,but still..not a clue ! I have 1 graphic card , the Geforce go 7950 GTX , and when I re-installed vista, the comp is running something like "Standard VGA graphic adapter" , does that make me 2 GPU?

and yes, I did lot of research on google about the nvlddmkm.sys issue, they still didn't have a clear solution for that~ some say lower the Ram freq would help , some say heatsink, anyways, the debate goes on forever..and im really tired of trying to fix this issue! I thought alienware are responsible to supply me a quality good! :) Im giving up :)

might be best to open up a support issue with alienware then, and get it shipped back to them to see if its a hardware issue.