LaptopVideo2Go Forums
Guyver1

GeForce Go 7950 GTX SLI Owners (Alienware, DELL, Clevo etc.)

Guyver1

cheers m8, i'll give those a try when i get home from work!

Guyver1

[uPDATE]

added my last email reply to Alienware support in opening post

Edited by Guyver1

mobilenvidia
I am currently using the Xtreme-G Mobile 163.67 XP drivers with no problem enabling SLI on my Alienware m9750 laptop. You can download them at <a href="http://www.tweakforce.com/modules.php?name...load&cid=15" target="_blank">http://www.tweakforce.com/modules.php?name...load&cid=15</a> . They also have Vista drivers available too and can be downloaded from <a href="http://www.tweakforce.com/modules.php?name...load&cid=16" target="_blank">http://www.tweakforce.com/modules.php?name...load&cid=16</a> . Hope this helps you.

Tweakforce Mobile Xtreme G INFs are exactly my INFs with their D3D/OGL tweaks added and desktop GPU support removed

The INF is quite a few versions older than we have here now for 163.75/6

There are no special reason why the Extreme G version should work, if it does work then it's due to the actual driver and the one from here will work as well

mobilenvidia

Leon,

Try this:

Grab 94.23 original AW INF (nvar.inf) shove it in 163.76, remove the nv4_disp.inf and any other INF should there be any others.

Uninstall any driver you may have installed.

Now install 163.76, once installed the device manager will report 94.23 driver but the actual driver files will be 163.76.

Now give SLI a spin, this will confirm to me that the driver is to blame not any INF settings.

Hopefully SLI works, then it will give us hope to salvation and find the setting that enables it.

mobilenvidia

Sager's 9260/9261 lappy I do believe is the same as the AW m9750.

Vista Drivers:

156.15 x86/x64 go9750GTX

156.55 x86/x64 8700M GT

156.66-beta x64 8700M GT

XP drivers:

94.22 x86 go7950GTX

101.45 x86 8700M GT

Some drivers to try, m9750 owners with go7950GTX's could force 8700M GT install of those drivers to see if SLI is enabled.

Clevo D900C/D901C the manufacturer of all the Sagers, AW's, Eurocoms etc etc

156.10 Vista x64 8700M GT

Guyver1

will do m8

will be home in a few hours, will give it a whirl then

Guyver1
Clevo D900C/D901C the manufacturer of all the Sagers, AW's, Eurocoms etc etc

156.10 Vista x64 8700M GT

im sure Arima make the latest Alienware lappies

mobilenvidia

Eurocom and their D900C Phantom has OLD drivers that don't even support SLI :)

You got to love these places that sell VERY expensive laptops that promise all these features but then they don't work.

although a laptop with RAID 5 now that is cool, probably has no drivers to actually enable this but think of the bragging rights :)

Guyver1

163.76 with modded inf = black screen after second card installed, and then on every boot.

163.76 with AW 94.23 inf = black screen after second card installed, works after reboot but SLI disabled with the following window:

sli_disabled_message.jpg

im going to try the 163.67's now both with the modded inf and the AW 94.23 inf, report back in a bit

Gvirus003mx

Hey, any ideas what drivers to use for a single card Go 7950gtx on an M1710 XP Pro 32 bit? Literally all of the drivers I've found besides the crappy Dell default drivers are for vista... I tried installing a few drivers like the 163.44 bioshock drivers but those didn't cause anything but SEVERE slowdown and in game glitches. A few of the XP Go 7900 drivers did the same thing. I think I've reverted back to the original drivers over 10 times in the past two months...

Seems like Dell/Nvidia are just as bad as updating their mobile drivers as Alienware.

Guyver1

163.67 with modded inf = black screen after second card installed, and then on every boot.

163.67 with AW 94.23 inf = black screen after second card installed, and then on every boot.

Xtreme-G_Mobile_163.67_XP_32bit = black screen after second card installed, and then on every boot.

mobilenvidia
163.67 with modded inf = black screen after second card installed, and then on every boot.

163.67 with AW 94.23 inf = black screen after second card installed, and then on every boot.

Xtreme-G_Mobile_163.67_XP_32bit = black screen after second card installed, and then on every boot.

That proves that it's a driver issue, not an INF one :)

Not much we can do unless we can find an override switch

Guest AlienJoe

Hi

I have an Alienware with vista and 7950 times two.

I've looked at alienware.com and found some driver for the Geforce go 7950 GTX that supports SLI, or so it says.

I've tried them but I get some vista-gfx-error (code 43) which results in disabled driver, and then running on standard gfx-driver (whatever that is, im no pro)

If you not already have, maybe you should check it out.

+ I'm having trouble reading this topic, can't tell if you already found a driver that works for Vista or not :)

Cheerio

Guyver1

my pesonal efforts are concentrated on XP as thats my OS, I cant give you vista advice personally as I dont use it, I can only add to my first post what others give me as feedback.

Alienware have beta vista drivers on their support page that apparently allow SLI in vista, i think thesre are the ones your on about. you might wanna do some more reading/googling to find out about your crash error to see if theres a microsoft hotfix for it.

Guest Nung

Greetings All

i have a clevo m590k: amd turion (single core ml-44) @ 2.4 ghz with 2 7800gtx go's

i use the latest "official" nvidia go drivers (84.63) and the NvApps.xm_ file from the latest drivers; this seems to be my only route for true sli capability.

i get into the habit of trying out countless modded drivers every few months and i have yet to find anything beyond 84.63 that is sli capable on my rig. With the help of these forums, i'm able to at least stay current with nvidia profiles, and i'm able to take comfort in knowing i'm not alone with these terrible heacaches.

cheers; keep up the good work!

Guest Silent_Sc(+)pe

I just wanted to thank you Guyver1 for being so passionate about this problem - I am in the EXACT same boat as you. I have sent Alienware at least 4 letters about this problem and called them multiple times. In fact I have even thought about getting legal with them - as this is borderline false marketing. Keep up the good work- if you decide to take it a "step further" I would love to be contacted (AlexManni@triad.rr.com). Alienware is going to get what is coming to them if this problem is not corrected soon. Trust me.

ATI ---> Nvidia SLI
Greetings All

i have a clevo m590k: amd turion (single core ml-44) @ 2.4 ghz with 2 7800gtx go's

i use the latest "official" nvidia go drivers (84.63) and the NvApps.xm_ file from the latest drivers; this seems to be my only route for true sli capability.

i get into the habit of trying out countless modded drivers every few months and i have yet to find anything beyond 84.63 that is sli capable on my rig. With the help of these forums, i'm able to at least stay current with nvidia profiles, and i'm able to take comfort in knowing i'm not alone with these terrible heacaches.

cheers; keep up the good work!

Have you ever tried 94.23. This one is the latest working Sli driver. If it does not work with your system, what is your Graphic Bios Version?

Guest jackpot girl

I'm going to buy m9750 laptop with dual sli and win xp. I hope that alienware will release new drivers someday.

BTW, are there any other laptops in UK with SLi ?

Guest alienJoe

rock direct i think. they are pretty good too, not alienware though :)

I got my sli working on vista using the alienware beta driver. it just popped up after a reboot and asked "wanna enable SLI?"

Which I replied "Hell, it's about time!" :)

and for those wondering: I DO feel an perfomance boost. so its not just a fake SLI.

good luck mates

Guest jackpot girl

Those xtreme sl pro laptops are too expensive (and with amd).....

So, can you play newest games like bioshock on vista with sli ? Is there a big difference between XP and Vista ? How many fps do you get ?

Guyver1

if your getting Geforce Go 7x00 parts stick with XP

series 7 cards will ALWAYS be faster on DX9 and XP

only buy vista if your getting a lappy with a series 8 geforce

Guest Got Haggis?

so why do the XP drivers work for me, but for others they don't? Seems very strange. I have two of the laptops (ordered at the same time) and they both work with the drivers I posted above.

Guyver1

whats your bios versions for both the motherboard and the GPU's?

might be a bios problem/update issue