LaptopVideo2Go Forums

VISTA Desktop corruption problem debugging

PerPixel

Some release of the nvidia driver are giving me a problem of image corruption when the system is not doing much graphic wise. I had no issues with the 158.x drivers but for bioshock I had to install the 163.44 driver. Those driver introduced the problem again to me but I found out that it was only when using 1900x1200 resolution and everything else lower was working just fine. Its really look like a power issue to me because on older revision of the driver I was getting that problem only when running on the battery. So I uninstalled the driver and did a full system cleanup of the nv driver files on Safe mode and finally reinstalled the 163.44 driver. This time the problem is gone and everything work perfect. This is really weird. Can anyone with the corruption problem on Vista 32bit post a copy of what you have in the registry and the report from System Information -> Components -> Save in the nvidia control panel. I'll try my best to pin point where the problem is.

thx

I've got a likely problem also. Does your desktop artifact no matter what? So far I've only had luck with just going back to XP.

Like I said in my post, Cleaning the driver off from my system and reinstalling fixed the issue on vista.

Guest jblack15
Like I said in my post, Cleaning the driver off from my system and reinstalling fixed the issue on vista.

Nah... I had this problem on the first-time-use of my laptop. I cleaned and reinstalled drivers a dozen times, then reformatted Vista again. Same issue w/ countless drivers. Then I used an OEM DVD. Same issues. Tonight I'm gonna call up Dell and get an RMA, because it's a bit ridiculous.