• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• rolloLG

• Eguy

• NighTalon

Added v4.170.77.3 to downloads, driver only for app look at Dell and HP websites

• 1 month later...

Added 5.10.38.14 as our good spotting guest above has found us :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting these!

I had no idea drivers for Dell WLAN existed outside of their website.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Ahh just came across these. Hopefully they fix the Wireless N causing sound to go wonko issues. Since Dell doesn't seem to know how to update their drivers :)

All drivers here work with your card

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any LED support for the 4321 chipset in the newest 5.1 driver? I have a latitude xt.

Is there any LED support for the 4321 chipset in the newest 5.1 driver? I have a latitude xt.

They work fine on my i9400 with the 4321

I get the led but is there a way to make it blink with activity? Also mine disconnects when transfering large files or using large amounts of bandwidth. I am using 5.10 right now...

Not much I can do, as these are Broadcom drivers, Dell may modify them for their machines to allow for the LEDs etc

• 2 weeks later...
Not much I can do, as these are Broadcom drivers, Dell may modify them for their machines to allow for the LEDs etc

With regards to the Dell 1510 WLAN card, is this driver much more current than the one Dell has posted on their site? Dell claims the driver date in July 2008, although Vista reports it as February 2008. Thanks.

Vista will be reporting the actual release date in your case.

So yes these are much newer, check the version number Vista reports also.

• 2 weeks later...

The new HP Pavilion dv5 (I have a Pavilion dv5-1110el) have an annoying bug: random audio crackling and popping while the wlan is active and running (they come withBroadcom driver 4.7.xxxx). I've manged (installer crashes and reports errors, these drivers must be very beta) to install v 5.xxxx and 90% of crackles and sound issues disappeared....

Hope for more updates to finally fix this annoying problem in the near future.

Edited by rolloLG

Good to hear these issues.

Quite strange to see a DV5 with a Broadcom based card.

I know they have Atheros based cards in the BIOS whitelist.

Nice laptop: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/it/it/ho/WF...ng=it&cc=it except for this annoying bug. The good thing is that it seems fixable through software updates and is not a HW bug at least! :)

Current Broadcom WLAN driver 5.10.38.26 fixes almost all crackles. Very rarely they still could be heard... Waiting for the next driver updates, and thank you for this site! :)

Here's the hw:

th_20081230174520_Immagine.jpg

Maybe in Europe/Italy HP uses different hw?

Edited by rolloLG

• 2 weeks later...

I have big installation problems with Broadcom v5.10.38.26 drivers and also with older pre-installed (!) v4.170.77.3 on my new laptop (see signature on the left). Every time I uninstall olders (so they automatically roll-back and reinstall default 4.170.77.3) and install v5.10.38.26, Vista's Driver installer task crashes badly! Insisting I can finally force them to load but they crash badly every time I do this.

After installed everything works fine though (except fastidious crackles randomly). :)

Is it my HW buggy or these new driver generations (v 4.170.x.x and v 5.10.x.x) suck?

My HW ID is: WLAN Broadcom 802.11b/g PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&SUBSYS_137D103C&REV_01

Just for testing purpose I forced the installation of very old 4.150.22.0 from the other laptop... and they did never crash in install/uninstall phase! So my system config is ok and my Windows is not screwed up. These drivers are buggy instead! At least for my HW...

Edited by rolloLG

I assume your DV5 has the newer 94322 chipset.

Not tested this card (I have a 94321 chipset)

So cannot really comment on why the probs

The original drivers from HP should work, have you looked at their website for other versions ?

Yes, I've used only drivers from their site. The laptop comes with 4.170.x.x pre-installed and they already cause Driver installer to crash if I just try to "uninstall" them...

That is quite shocking really.

Maybe get hold of HP re that issue.

Broadcom don't release too many drivers so the wait could be quite long.

Guest Bomonganni

Can someone tell me how to install these drivers? I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with the Dell 1505 Wireless N card, and a D-link 665 router. The router is set to wireless N only, and 40mhz channel width, but my laptop will only connect at 130 m/bit per sec. at 20 mhz channel width. Another website sent me here to install v5.10.38.26 for the fix, but I'm unsure how to install this driver. I downloaded it and unzipped the folder and tried to direct Vista 32 to look in the unzipped folder for the driver, but it came back saying I already had the latest driver, which is a Dell driver from March of 2008. Can anyone help?

That is quite shocking really.

Maybe get hold of HP re that issue.

Broadcom don't release too many drivers so the wait could be quite long.

Yes, I've sent a mail to customer support reporting this problem of buggy drivers...

Can someone tell me how to install these drivers? I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with the Dell 1505 Wireless N card, and a D-link 665 router. The router is set to wireless N only, and 40mhz channel width, but my laptop will only connect at 130 m/bit per sec. at 20 mhz channel width. Another website sent me here to install v5.10.38.26 for the fix, but I'm unsure how to install this driver. I downloaded it and unzipped the folder and tried to direct Vista 32 to look in the unzipped folder for the driver, but it came back saying I already had the latest driver, which is a Dell driver from March of 2008. Can anyone help?

You need to install vis Driver Update in System properties/device manager.

Point it to where you downloaded the drivers.