LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Broadcom 943xx Driver

mobilenvidia

Guest Bomonganni

I did this, and it tells me I have the latest driver already installed, which is the Dell driver from March 2008, and it does not install the downloaded Broadcom driver.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• rolloLG

• NighTalon

• rseiler

What's the version of the old drivers you say from March 2008?

Usually, when it says you have latest driver means you have same or greater version of those to be installed.

The latest version here I think date from June

• 1 month later...

Good on yah mate, grabbing now :)

• 1 month later...

Cheers Dannyres added 5.10.91.4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cmd51231

For the life of me, I can't force the stupid Dell wireless to take these drivers. Even when I go & force "update driver", point it to the folder with the BCMWL5.sys file, it keeps giving me a "no compatible driver found" nonsense.

Anyway to force the updated Broadcom driver?

Guest Guest
For the life of me, I can't force the stupid Dell wireless to take these drivers. Even when I go & force "update driver", point it to the folder with the BCMWL5.sys file, it keeps giving me a "no compatible driver found" nonsense.

Anyway to force the updated Broadcom driver?

Having the same problem as Post#62. I'm on the Dell XPS M1530. I seem to be having problems with modded network card drivers and audio drivers in new versions.

I have the Dell Dual WLAN Minicard 1490.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Added v5.10.91.8

Guest Guestfert

I'm also having issues installing these drivers on a dell vostro 1420, driver update always tells me I have the latest version available after I point them to the broadcom folder. Anyone has an answer ? I have Vista Business x64 SP2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest_rac

Hi folks,

I'm looking to update (ie re-install) the driver for my Broadcom WiFi in my Dell Mini 9, and that's where you come in. But I've downloaded the v5.10.91.8 from Message#1, unpacked it, tried to install it, and it says it won't work with my OS (which is XP Home SP3).

So do I need to do something to the INF-file? (If so, what?!) Do I need to download an extra INF-file? Or have I discovered something that's been forgotten?

Ta for being there,

RAC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest-Ralph

Just purchased a new Dell Studio XPS 1340 running Vista 64-bit, and I am getting very frustrated with the wireless card. Using Dell's stock drivers for the 1510 WLAN-N card (5.10.38.26), I cant go 15 feet from my router or I lose connection to the internet.

I have tried the top 6 drivers on this page for Broadcom, using both the Setup.exe files and/or the Device Manager, and I get errors on all of them and none of them will install. Really starting to think this is a Dell conspiracy.

Any suggestions? My patience seems to have reached the end of the line already.

Please help?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Dell Wireless 1505 card in my Vostro 1500. I am trying to update to the Broadcom v5.10.105.0 driver and the setup will not work due to the fact I am running Windows 7 x86. I have also tried to force install it through device manager but it gives the "device is already running the most updated driver" message. Do I need a modded INF to install the newest driver on this device? I tried searching around for a modded INF, plus I tried adding the hardware ID of my device to the standard INF but it still did not work.

Right now I am running the Broadcom v5.10.79.14 driver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from MobileNvidia.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nightalon

The drivers posted at the start of this thread are very out of date. Here's my history:

5.10.105.0 5/7/2009 (LaptopVideo2Go latest)

4.176.75.21 10/1/2008 (W7 Original)

5.30.21.0 10/1/2008 (W7 via Windows Update)

Added 5.30.21.0 and 5.10.91.13 both from Dell