• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• rolloLG

• NighTalon

• rseiler

• 3 weeks later...

do the latest drivers eg. 5.60 have tweaked infs? or are they tweaked already (all the advanced options available)?

No tweeks, not running Broadcom at the moment, so no modding :)

• 2 weeks later...

After all that the driver is BCM43xx 5.60.18.8 not BCM43xx 5.60.18.12 :)

Wiki and Station-drivers are the same

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

After 2 days of searching and searching, testing and testing - I've given up and am asking for some help here.

I have a early 2008 macbook pro 17" with the broadcom wireless card and windows vista Ultimate (32 bit).

My audio has a lot of pops and clicks but they stop as soon as I disable my wireless card.

I've read the solution is to update the drivers which I've been trying to do for the last 2 days.

I have been successful at updating the drivers by doing the following:

open control panel

double click on system

open device manager

under network adaptors right clicking on Broadcom

disabling the the card

right click again and click udpate driver software

Click "browse my computer..."

Then click "let me pick from a list of device drivers..."

Then click "have disk"

browse the to folder of the driver I downloaded from here

select the .inf file

I'm presented to either 4321AG or 4322 (I tried both of them)

I get a warning message saying something about these may not be the correct driver, I ignore that and continue

install the drivers

Reboot my computer

now, the install works correctly and the drivers are all installed. I've checked the drivers and verified they were updated.

Here's the problem though

When I install v4.170.xxx it doesn't solve the issue at all.

I've read that a lot of people have tried the v5.xx.xx series and it worked perfectly for them, so I started on those.

I can install them all BUT once I reboot, my wireless connection starts as usual at around 270 Mbps then it drops and drops and hovers between 1 Mbps and 8Mbps I have no idea why.

I have tried every single v5.xx.xx version here but simply can't work out why it's doing this.

Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated

Added Broadcom_v5.60.18.41 from ASUS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Added 5.60.189.1

Guest broadcom

Added 5.60.189.1

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=ob-80594-1〈=en&cc=us&mode=5&

Version: 5.60.48.31 (3 Feb 2010)

Enhancements

- Provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver version 5.60.48.31. - Improves the throughput performance of the Broadcom 4313 802.11 b/g/n WLAN Card when using WPA2/AES or WEP security.

Added 5.60.48.35

Added 5.60.48.31

Guest Crend King

5.60.189.1, 5.60.48.31 and 5.60.48.35 cannot be installed in my Windows 7, even with bcmwls.ini, bcmwlsd.ini and bcmwl5.inf modified. I think the driver is natively designed for XP and 2003.

I don't quite understand...many of the newer drivers won't install on my machine either. It appears that they are designed for XP...couldn't Broadcom be a little better about their driver numbering conventions? I liked the use of the Broadcom applet that could give me info on congestion. Doesn't work with the latest drivers of the 5.60 variant, build 35. Does the 48 indicate that the driver was designed for Dell? I am so lost... I generally download the drivers from the Dell website directly, using the .exe installer, and then come here to update via device manager. However, I can no longer really tell whether the driver I am using is actually designed for Windows 7!

• 1 month later...

I figured it out. Most of the listed latest drivers come from Dell, and they pretty much all do a rough system check to see if you're installing the drivers on the right machine. Updating via Device Manager usually does the trick, especially if you use the Have Disk method and manually select your model.

Does anyone know how to disable the system check in the Dell installers? I kind of like the Broadcom utility that comes with these drivers, but I can't install it on non-Dell systems, even though my Broadcom MiniPCI-E modules are all Dell-branded!

I figured it out. Most of the listed latest drivers come from Dell, and they pretty much all do a rough system check to see if you're installing the drivers on the right machine. Updating via Device Manager usually does the trick, especially if you use the Have Disk method and manually select your model.

Does anyone know how to disable the system check in the Dell installers? I kind of like the Broadcom utility that comes with these drivers, but I can't install it on non-Dell systems, even though my Broadcom MiniPCI-E modules are all Dell-branded!

It might check the System BIOS as this is 'Dell' branded.

• 1 month later...

Added v5.100.9.141

5.100.9.141 has a file extraction error when you execute it, FYI

Original file is good on my machine, have uploaded again

Guest FireStorm

holy s*** on a shingle, i was just about to make a comment on the total lack of broadcom WiFi drivers over the past few months...

hope more keep poping up...