LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Broadcom 943xx Driver

mobilenvidia

holy s*** on a shingle, i was just about to make a comment on the total lack of broadcom WiFi drivers over the past few months...

hope more keep poping up...

You snooze, you looze :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• rolloLG

• Eguy

• NighTalon

• 4 weeks later...

Added 5.100.249.2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my hardware:PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&SUBSYS_000B1028&REV_01

Who should install the driver, with Windows 7 ultimate,dell inspiron 1520

Thank you in advance!!!!

Edited by Emo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest don Miller

I have been struggling through severe memory leaks on both a Vostro 32 bit OS machine fitted with 4 G on RAMM and subsequently a 64 bit OS Studio 17 fitted with 8 G of RAMM. Both have wireless cards within them. I know the Studio-17 has a broadcom card within it. The Studio was bought to try and deal with a 24 hour crash fequency rate for the Vostro. I have been working through both Dell's small business and then the home groups to diagnose and fix this problem. Today I pinned the leak source to the BCMWLtry program.

It is severely disgusting and particulary annoying to find the issue has been know on this Dell site for 3 years time., and should have been fixed by Dell a long time ago. I bought these two machines in Sept. and October of 2010. http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/p/19303621/19770491.aspx#19770491

1. I have just pinned about a 2.4 GB per hour memory leak to some kind of code problem within BCMWLTRY on a 64Bit OS Dell Studio 17 laptop. I strongly suspect the same problem occurs with wireless card within a 32 bit Dell Vostro. The cumulative page faults added by BCMWLTRY to the commit charges of a 64 bit OS will crash the computer when the accumulate exceeds the current sum of the RAMM plus vitual Memory allocation. You can delay thos crashes by increasing your virtual memory maximum size. I have not been able to Kill the BCMWLTRY program using MS Process Explorer, but have been able to suspend it. The BCMWLTRY will reemerge after Process explorer kills it. The composite commit charge accumulation average rate dropped to just 36,00 K per hour with BCMWLTRY suspended.

2. Now what do I lose if I delete this program?

This website confirms there has been a known Dell hardware memory leak associated with this program since at least 2007, way to go DELL!, Dell you owe me two months of my life to refind this issue myself! Now fix it and get me replacement code!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TechDud

Hello. The last two drivers (5.100.249.2 & 5.100.57.8 {wtf with the numbering scheme?}) reference a commented out bcmwl5.sys & bcmwl564.sys in the [bCM43XX.files.NT] & [bCM43XX.files.NTamd64] sections, respectively. I tried installing the former version on a fresh install of XP, yet this yielded an error in the services section & would not install. When I installed v5.100.9.142 with bcmwl5.sys included, I had no problem. On an earlier install, I installed v5.100.249.2 over top of v5.100.9.142 & this was OK.

It would seem that versions 5.100.249.2 & 5.100.57.8 are meant for Win7 only.

Thank you laptopvideotogo.com for continuing to provide access to the latest drivers that the OEM's won't!

KUDOS!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest David

It seems all the newer drivers have version numbers older than v5.100.249.2. Are they just older drivers released at a later date from PC manufacturers like Dell? Or are the driver dates actually newer on them?

It seems all the newer drivers have version numbers older than v5.100.249.2. Are they just older drivers released at a later date from PC manufacturers like Dell? Or are the driver dates actually newer on them?

The digital signature of the drivers (in addition to file dates) are actually newer: Feb 15 2011 for 5.100.235.19 versus June 3 2010 for the version you mentioned. In addition to it being located at the link in the previous post (i.e. Acer), it's also at station-drivers.com.

Edited by rseiler

• 3 weeks later...

The logic in their version numbers escapes me.

5.100.249.2 < 5.100.82.15 < 5.100.82.34 < 5.100.235.19 < 5.100.82.63?

• 3 months later...

Bootcamp 3.2

Macbook Pro 7.1 Mid 2010

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

using supplied Apple driver had various issues.

Cards used is:

Broadcom 4322AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter - PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_432B

Used: DriverVer=08/19/2010, 5.100.57.8 resolved all issues. First one in thread day of posting.

thanks for your efforts

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...