LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Company of Heroes Driver Recomendation

Guest Mike

right now i can run it fine with low video settings. i have a 8400m GT 512. looking for a good driver for that. im 99% sure that this video card should run that game perfectly with high video settings. please help if you can.

Guest Triple_Dude
right now i can run it fine with low video settings. i have a 8400m GT 512. looking for a good driver for that. im 99% sure that this video card should run that game perfectly with high video settings. please help if you can.
Heck no...

You need at LEAST a 8600GTS to run this game on HIGH (or a 8600M GT for 1024x640 notebook widescreen res) at resolution around 1280x1024.

Simply put, it's not a driver problem. The 8400M GS isn't that powerful of a card. Sorry... Medium is the best you can probably reach.

Guest kipp73
Heck no...

You need at LEAST a 8600GTS to run this game on HIGH (or a 8600M GT for 1024x640 notebook widescreen res) at resolution around 1280x1024.

Simply put, it's not a driver problem. The 8400M GS isn't that powerful of a card. Sorry... Medium is the best you can probably reach.

i run coh on a go7950gtx, vista 32bit, 2gb ram, t7600 core duo. I pretty much play the game maxed settings, on 19" 1680x1050 res. I dispute the claim of only running it on medium.. but as im using dx9, i guess i can run it higher, more stablily.

BUT, i can only use drivers in the 9x series. Above this, i get regular ctds. Im currently using 98.08 clevo driver..

Guest Triple_Dude
i run coh on a go7950gtx, vista 32bit, 2gb ram, t7600 core duo. I pretty much play the game maxed settings, on 19" 1680x1050 res. I dispute the claim of only running it on medium.. but as im using dx9, i guess i can run it higher, more stablily.

BUT, i can only use drivers in the 9x series. Above this, i get regular ctds. Im currently using 98.08 clevo driver..

Uhhh, buddy, the Go7950GTX is magnitudes more powerful than the 8600M GT, don't even mention the 8400M GS!

I'm sorry to say, but there's no way a petty 8400M GS can run this game at Max.

I play this game all the time. I'm running it on a single CPU Alienware m5700 with one of Kris's MXMUpgrade cards (nVidia GeForce Go 7900GS). I can't run it maxed out, but I have it far above medium settings and it runs awesome.