LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 7800 - impossible to play Bioshock, demo Moh Airborne, BF2142...

czb

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron with 1GB RAM, Intel Core duo T2400 (1.83Ghz), and I just formated and installed new OS and every recent drivers.

Unfortunately I can't play the demo of Airborne, image and mouse are awfully laggy.

About the Bioshock demo, same thing... It was unplayable as soon as the video comes out of water, with fire around. It even made the sound lag.

I had the 2 years old Dell/nividia driver, then I discovered your site and installed the 163.44. Well, for both games it works better for 10 seconds and then becomes worst... And now my BF2142 demo, which was approximatively working, does lag just the same!

COuld anybody help me? I think those games should work with my config, and don't know what the problem is! Thank you very much, and sorry about my english...

What are your clock and memory frequencies? Are u using stock freqs?

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron with 1GB RAM, Intel Core duo T2400 (1.83Ghz), and I just formated and installed new OS and every recent drivers.

Unfortunately I can't play the demo of Airborne, image and mouse are awfully laggy.

About the Bioshock demo, same thing... It was unplayable as soon as the video comes out of water, with fire around. It even made the sound lag.

I had the 2 years old Dell/nividia driver, then I discovered your site and installed the 163.44. Well, for both games it works better for 10 seconds and then becomes worst... And now my BF2142 demo, which was approximatively working, does lag just the same!

COuld anybody help me? I think those games should work with my config, and don't know what the problem is! Thank you very much, and sorry about my english...

What are your clock and memory frequencies? Are u using stock freqs?

thanks for your answer

Core DUo T2400: 1.83Ghz, 2 Mo L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB

RAM 1024Mo (2X512) 533Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

I don't know what stock freqs is...and i'm not sure it's the informations you wanted...

I tested with 91.31, it's exactly the same problem... Please help me, i'm getting crazy! It must be a bug, because the computer freezes in 640X480 (with all graphic options at minimum) just the same than in 1920*1200....

In Bioshock, it starts freezing only when fire appears. In Airborne, the menu with planes freezes.

In other words...is your video card overclocked? I ask u because Dell locks your card "speed" at 300 core / 658 mem (this are stock values), which is not enough to play the games you want. U have to mod your video card Bios (or overclock it via software), so it reaches the speed it is capable of reaching (that's about 400 core/ 1100 mem, even more if u volt mod it using a go7800gtx bios).

I tested with 91.31, it's exactly the same problem... Please help me, i'm getting crazy! It must be a bug, because the computer freezes in 640X480 (with all graphic options at minimum) just the same than in 1920*1200....

In Bioshock, it starts freezing only when fire appears. In Airborne, the menu with planes freezes.

thanks for your answer!

can't it be a hardware problem (cpu or graphic card)? cause I ran 3DMark and I have like 1 or 2 fps on each test! And 6 months ago, BF2142 was still playable on this computer...

I really need that info so i can help u.....

I don't think it's a hardware problem.

thanks for your answer!

can't it be a hardware problem (cpu or graphic card)? cause I ran 3DMark and I have like 1 or 2 fps on each test! And 6 months ago, BF2142 was still playable on this computer...

whops, sorry! no, my video card is not overclocked. But is it so old already?? I thought 0 - 2 fps in 3DMark was symptomatic...

Try overclocking it. Use Rivatuner or coolbits. Also, post images of your 3dmark results.

bios version: 5.70.02.30.12

Here are my 3DMark results...0 fps... Compared to my system, it's ridiculous! I don't understand what the problem is... Please, help!!

Main Test Results

3DMark Score 503 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 168 Marks

SM 3.0 Score 182 Marks

CPU Score 1395 Marks

Detailed Test Results

Graphics Tests

1 - Return to Proxycon 1.516 FPS

2 - Firefly Forest 1.282 FPS

CPU Tests

CPU1 - Red Valley 0.455 FPS

CPU2 - Red Valley 0.685 FPS

HDR Tests

1 - Canyon Flight (SM 3.0) 2.091 FPS

2 - Deep Freeze (SM 3.0) 1.541 FPS

Feature Tests

Fill Rate - Single Texturing N/A

Fill Rate - Multi Texturing N/A

Pixel Shader N/A

Vertex Shader - Simple N/A

Vertex Shader - Complex N/A

Shader Particles (SM 3.0) N/A

Perlin Noise (SM 3.0) N/A

Batch Size Tests

8 Triangles N/A

32 Triangles N/A

128 Triangles N/A

512 Triangles N/A

2048 Triangles N/A

32768 Triangles N/A

MY SYSTEM:

Processor Intel Core 1828 MHz

Physical / Logical CPUs 1 / 2

MultiCore 2 Processor Cores

HyperThreading N/A

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800

Graphics Driver NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800

Co-operative adapters No

DirectX Version 9.0c

System Memory 1024 MB

Disk Space 93.96 GB

Motherboard Manufacturer Dell Inc.

Motherboard Model 0YD479

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

Here are my 3DMark results...0 fps... Compared to my system, it's ridiculous! I don't understand what the problem is... Please, help!!

Main Test Results

3DMark Score 503 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 168 Marks

SM 3.0 Score 182 Marks

CPU Score 1395 Marks

Detailed Test Results

Graphics Tests

1 - Return to Proxycon 1.516 FPS

2 - Firefly Forest 1.282 FPS

CPU Tests

CPU1 - Red Valley 0.455 FPS

CPU2 - Red Valley 0.685 FPS

HDR Tests

1 - Canyon Flight (SM 3.0) 2.091 FPS

2 - Deep Freeze (SM 3.0) 1.541 FPS

Feature Tests

Fill Rate - Single Texturing N/A

Fill Rate - Multi Texturing N/A

Pixel Shader N/A

Vertex Shader - Simple N/A

Vertex Shader - Complex N/A

Shader Particles (SM 3.0) N/A

Perlin Noise (SM 3.0) N/A

Batch Size Tests

8 Triangles N/A

32 Triangles N/A

128 Triangles N/A

512 Triangles N/A

2048 Triangles N/A

32768 Triangles N/A

MY SYSTEM:

Processor Intel Core 1828 MHz

Physical / Logical CPUs 1 / 2

MultiCore 2 Processor Cores

HyperThreading N/A

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800

Graphics Driver NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800

Co-operative adapters No

DirectX Version 9.0c

System Memory 1024 MB

Disk Space 93.96 GB

Motherboard Manufacturer Dell Inc.

Motherboard Model 0YD479

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

Try opening up your laptop and cleaning out the fans and the connected heatsinks, it takes a while...

but i had my laptop for 6 months, and then it became completely unusable with good performance for a matter of seconds, and then it would be terrible, 1-2 fps or less sometimes,

when i opened it up, and unscrewed the fans from the motherboard (don't worry you only need a screwdriver and it's not hard) i found an inch thick layer of lint and dust all around the vital cooling components,

i removed it, now it runs 20 degrees cooler, and i can overclock by three times as much, and no slowdown ever....

worth a check at least (especially if you live in a house with pets, or frequently game when the laptop is on a fabric type surface

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a Dell M1710 and use stock settings and seems to run Bioshock at 1920x1200 with everything set to high and turned on and runs fine. Crysis is the only game so far that i had to set mostly to Med setting to get a playable framerate.

Every other game has rocked on this laptop to date :) Halflife2,CS,TF2,WoW,DAoC,C&C3, Oblivion,FSX....just a few others i've played over past year with no issues. I'd call dell support and have them trouble shoot it or return if still under warrenty

specs on this m1710

T7600 (2.33)

2gig 667ram

7950gtx 512

80gig HD(7200rpm)