LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Medion MD41300 Bios-Update

Guest John

hi!

I have an MD41300.

I just got to know that there is a new BIOS Update of August 2004. My BIOS now is from February 2004.

Does there exist a newer update anyway?

This is what i got from the Medion-Site:

Bios update of the WID 2010 model series. 

Instructions to update your system bios 

1. Unzip the downloaded file into a created folder at the partition E: of your harddisk. 

2. Afterwards restart your notebook with the Application-/ Support-CD. 

3. At the MS Windows CD-ROM-Bootmenue choose "Boot from CD-ROM ". 

4. After that select "MS-DOS Prompt" in the Application-/Support-CD Startmenue . 

5. Finally execute the f.bat file which can now be found at Partition C: into your specified folder. 

6. After the bios update please reboot your system 

Information:To extract all files press the "Extract"-Button. The files will be extracted to the folder specified in the "Folder"-Field. This folder will be created, if it does not exist.

allright, I have the files and put them at E:\ and C:\ because the instructions conflict themselves.

I started with Application and Support-Disc (not the Windows Recovery Disc) and tried to execute the "f.bat" file but this was not possible.

Has anyone a idea who to execute ".bat" files in a console? (run and start doesn't help)

And the bigger question is who to navigate to the C:\ or E:\ Directory because there's just a Q at the beginning of the lines.("cd" doesn't help)

Thanks!

Best Regards,

John

in command prompt type:

'f.bat' or just

'f' (if there's no other f.exe or f.com)

Start or Run f.bat doesn't work as you already found out.

nAVIGATE directly by entering:

'c:\' or 'd:\'

all commands without quotes (')

hi!

I'll give it a try now again.

I just installed EVEREST in order to get my mainboard checked.

In order to upgrade my Phoenix BIOS it links me to the following site:

http://www.esupport.com/biosagent/index.cfm?refererid=40

Is the BIOS Upgrade worth the 30$ or can I get it free from official Phoenix Site or is it just the BIOS I already downloaded?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

John

You can always get free BIOS update from your manufacturer. Use it. Lavasys (Everest) probably has an Ad campaign running with eSupport that's why they link to them.

Pls. get hold of Jeroen about the latest BIOS for MD41300. He also has a site dedicated to all drivers for this model. I forgot his member ID, so pls help yourself and search for him.

good news.

Thanks RRR for help. Patching worked out, but the bug is already there.

I already contacted Jeroen, but no reply yet.

Yes from Medion, I got this update of the BIOS, but it's probably not the newest and so I need help from Phoenix or anyone else to get an Update from 2006 or 2007 or so.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

John

Hi John,

Sorry for the late reply but your mail ended up in my spambox. I was looking for a missed mail and saw your mail (you're lucky I was looking for that mail or I would have never seen it :P ).

As far as I remember I did not have to execute f.bat! I've upgraded the BIOS back than, that's for sure. You should look on the CD's that came with that laptop, there is some utility on it that is able to do a BIOS update. It's not a DOS utility or something like that, but a Windows app with a basic GUI. You can select your BIOS file in that utility and than click on 'update' somewhere. This is how I've updated the BIOS!

I can't look for you anymore since it has been more then a year since I bought a new laptop :)

If you have any further problems, you can mail me again, if I don't reply, send me a PM from this board, those mails are getting into my inbox :)

hi!

As I wrote in the post before, the patching of the Medion BIOS worked out.

But I will look for the tool with the GUI, you meant.

As I asked before, I would like to know if there's even a newer BIOS Update from Phoenix or Award or so, because the "new" Medion one is from 08/2004.

Do I have to pay for a new BIOS offered by Phoenix or is it free?

This all, doesn't matter know, because I've a bigger problem.

I forgot my BIOS-Setup password, I've set a long time ago.

Is there a master-password or anything else to fix this?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

John

I don't think a Phoenix or Award BIOS not made by Medion will work. All motherboard's have their own BIOSes as far as I know... I remember that that was the latest BIOS for that laptop.. Why do you need any newer BIOS actually ?

And for the BIOS pass, you should find the CMOS battery, leave that out for some minutes and it should be reset afterwards.. I'm not sure if this will work, but I remember it worked for me on my old AMD :)

To find the CMOS battery you'll have to open the whole laptop, I remember finding it somewhere on the bottom of the motherboard, it's been a long time since I opened it so I'm not sure wher you should look :)