LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Graphic driver issues!

Guest Bradley_H

Guest Bradley_H

I have an XPS M1710 system with the GO 7950GTX card.

I am restricted to the drivers I can install as the latest/newer drives seem to cause my screen to distort and shift; as if the screen has been chopped into vertical strips and the strips have been moved around!

I recently installed the latest 164.33 drivers as I have Bioshock. Before restart of the system, everything runs smoothly; but after restart, everything false apart.

I have no choice but to revert to extremely old drivers, that don;t give the laptops capability its due when playing a game such as bioshock.

Any ideas on what this is and maybe how to avoid it? Any new drivers you know of that will avoid this and give me the maximum quality I can get from my graphics card?

All help much appreciated!

Guest Bradley_H

Yeah, I figured one out myself!

In device manager, double-click the graphics card, select the drivers tab; and click uninstall driver. Let your system restart, or do so yourself if not automatic. When system reboots, let windows install the standard VGA adapter driver; then install the new driver.

If this is to be successful, your system should automatically reboot; and after start-up, problem gone! :)

Yeah, I figured one out myself!

In device manager, double-click the graphics card, select the drivers tab; and click uninstall driver. Let your system restart, or do so yourself if not automatic. When system reboots, let windows install the standard VGA adapter driver; then install the new driver.

If this is to be successful, your system should automatically reboot; and after start-up, problem gone! :)

Nono, that doesn`t work at all for me. When I install Vista with Anytime upgrade there is no Nvidia driver installed anyway. Only the standard VGA driver. Installing a recent driver after that only makes a white screen with slowly appearing stripes. I already tried so many things. I don`t know what to do.... ;-(