LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Asus F3sv

rrscape

Hey guys

this isnt the 1st post of this subject/driver issue.

i'm running a dual boot of vista n xp.

due to asus currently doesnt support any xp driver for f3sv.

I'm looking for nvidia 8600m gs driver for XP 32bit on a Asus F3sv lappy.

I'd tried several version of mod inf by following the instruction on this site with no luck.

version i tried include

error : The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

or

using the have disk method. it just doesnt appear any hardware after i select the inf file.

I'm able to offer a few USD to the 1st guy who are able to help me out (& work out properly) if you have a paypal account. (its not a lot, but its real)

PM me. or if u r feeling generous, juz reply to the thread.

thanks hips.

rob

Edited by rrscape

Guest Soner MALKOC
Hey guys

this isnt the 1st post of this subject/driver issue.

i'm running a dual boot of vista n xp.

due to asus currently doesnt support any xp driver for f3sv.

I'm looking for nvidia 8600m gs driver for XP 32bit on a Asus F3sv lappy.

I'd tried several version of mod inf by following the instruction on this site with no luck.

version i tried include

error : The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

or

using the have disk method. it just doesnt appear any hardware after i select the inf file.

I'm able to offer a few USD to the 1st guy who are able to help me out (& work out properly) if you have a paypal account. (its not a lot, but its real)

PM me. or if u r feeling generous, juz reply to the thread.

thanks hips.

rob

Hi,

You can use "ForceWare Driver 101.34 WHQL", I tried and no problem, but some problem for example "DDR RAM is 512 MB), but Windows XP accept this driver, you can download from "www.opendrivers.com", in this site search "8600M GS"

Bye...

Guest Soner MALKOÇ

And also new driver yo can use: From site www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/ and driver version is "163.44" date "2007-08-17" size "36.49MB", in this page download file from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/160series/16344.exe and download Modded INF from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/160seri...44/nv4_disp.inf and then run 16344.exe file will exract "setup file", after exract process copy "nv4_disp.inf" file to same setup directory ang if Window ask then "rewrite" the file "nv4_disp.inf". After all these procress, run setup.exe from directory, Thats all.... But again Turbo Cache RAM is 512 MB, but no problem. And also you can download "nTune" program from www.nvidia.com , it is wonderfull program to overclock to GPU...

thanks for the reply,

but both of the drivers 16344 and 10134 doesnt work,

i Guess the problem lies on XP didnt detect display adapters/ vga controller,

in device manager, 'mobile intel PM965/GM965/GL(^) PCI Express Root Port - 2A01' doesn't work (cannot find enough free resource)

and also

in display properties, 'VgaSave' stated it has conflicting device.

"Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by:

Mobile Intel® PM965/GM965/GL960 Express PCI Express Root Port - 2A01

Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by:

Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by:

"

I suspect this are the causes that i wasnt been able to install any drivers for thie graphic card.

thanks for the help.

Have you installed the Intel chipset drivers?

Just to have the latest version, download this program and run it: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...ms〈=eng

Not 100% sure it will work... For some reason it doesn't list the Mobile 965 chipsets on that page but it's worth a shot and it might straighten out some chipset issues.

nope, the utility doesnt help, thanks for the help anyway.

i wonder how much effort does microsoft put in to 'encourage' ppl to use vista...

asus release bios 207 for f3sv,

people who install more then 2gb/3gb of ram will have issue with XP and graphic card, this new release bios will fix the problem.

i get to install drivers now, but the display properties is still using 'default monitor' ...

Use the chipset drivers from the F3Jv. They have XP versions for the same hardware in the F3Sv. I have the same laptop and I have it working with the 163.69 drivers. This is the guide i followed when i installed XP:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=200...SLanguage=en-us

Edited by strekship

Guest Samsydney
Use the chipset drivers from the F3Jv. They have XP versions for the same hardware in the F3Sv. I have the same laptop and I have it working with the 163.69 drivers. This is the guide i followed when i installed XP:

Hi Guys

Just wanna start a new discussion topic on F3SV-AK136G and AK118G and hope it will help all F3SV users

I have just bought F3SV-AK136G - 200GBHDD - 2GB RAM etc

I now want to create a GHOST image of my VISTA Ultimate.. (I do have a recovery disk and recovery image in a hidden partition but that does not give any option to increase number of partitions and I want to make atleast 4 partitions in my F3SV).

I used GHOST 2003 (Bootable DOS FLOPPY- Ghost.exe using usb floppy drive) and had no difficulties in creating an image of C:\ in partition2 i.e. D:\ successfully but do not want to try to restore it untill I am sure about it's success. I have read many forums and posts on the web that in fact confused me about it and even some one posted that he damaged the laptop (NOT F3SV) after using Ghost... not sure if that's logical and possible but I am a bit affraid to read that.

Wondering, if anyone has used Ghost to create your own images on F3SV and has any tips ? Please share your experiences and post maximum details to help all F3SV users.

There is another thing that I would want to try i.e. to delete Partition2 D:\ and create 2 more partitions D:\ & E:\ in that space without disturbing the VistaOS C:\ Partition. If I do that, I feel ASUS recovery disk should still work since it has option to recover only First partition (that I havn't disturbed) and with the two new partitions I can then play around to try installing XP on it. Do you think this can damage the MBR or has done any damage to anyone ...

I have been using Ghost for 10 years but this time am not finding myself so confident due to Vista.... so please comment.

Thanks to all.

I don't think that the fact that it is Vista on the partition would change anything.

Hi, i used tat guide as well, just wanna ask.

How many gb of ram have you got?

as far as i know, XP's dont work well (especially graphic card) with more then 2gb of ram installed.

I had 4gb of ram.

I have 2GB of DDR2-667. As far as i know, the only problem with XP and 4gb of ram is that it will only detect 3gb of it. XP x64 detects all 4gb.

I have 2GB of DDR2-667. As far as i know, the only problem with XP and 4gb of ram is that it will only detect 3gb of it. XP x64 detects all 4gb.

yup, xp only detects/show 3gb of ram, tats the most common 'problem' for 32bit os.

but Asus F3SV(i'm being specific here) had release bios 207 which it stated

(http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=F3Sv&SLanguage=en-us)

""BIOS 207

Fix ?VGA device will disappear under win XP when system installs DRAM over 3G?.

Fix ?System will fail if boot to OS by instant On, enter S4, then press power button to resume from S4?.""

thats the problem i was having. but even if i update the bios, graphics driver doesnt seem to work well yet, unless i'm doing sth wrong.

Oh, i don't know about that one. Have you opened a support ticket with asus?

Oh, i don't know about that one. Have you opened a support ticket with asus?

geez, they dun even reply.. :)

i'm guessing its against/void the 'agreement' of installing other OS on this laptop...

I installed XP on the laptop and had a few issues. They got to me in about a week after posting.

• 4 months later...

(I know this is an old thread, but this might help some others...)

*Taking a breath of releaf...*

I just finished installing XP on my F3Sv comp...

Since I just upgraded my RAM, I first needed to flash the new BIOS (using the WinFlash utility found on the "Drivers and Utilities"-disk that came with the computer). Then I needed to slip a XP-disk with SP2 and a neat little pack of drivers... This pack may be found here: http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/

After this is done, just add the hotfixes you're able to find into the disk with nLite... And then finally burn the disk and install!

This automatically installs most of the drivers for this computer (including the nVidia-driver!)

Please also note that if you're going to flash the bios, it'll change the boot-priorities, so don't panic if it tries to start over the network, just boot bios and change it :)