LaptopVideo2Go Forums

VGA Out on Aspire 5920

Adam

Hi all,

Wondering if you can help, i have just recently bought an Acer Aspire 5920, but have run into a bit of an issue.

Have installed latest v163.44 drivers onto the system. But when i plug in my monitor into the VGA output, the display on my monitor is very very bright.

If i go into the Nvidia control panel and change the color settings things get a little bit better, but im not sure if this is A) the cause of the problem, or :) getting the correct settings? in the past, ive just been able to plug my monitor into anything and the display is just fine without any other changes.

Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...

I did more research and pretty much found its the way it is and that you have to basically go into the NVIDIA control panel and change the brightness/contrast values yourself to whatever pleases your liking.

Annoying i know :)

• 4 months later...

I recently bought Aspire 5920 and I am having problems connecting to my wireless lan. I can see my wirless lan but when I attempt to connect it does not. all the setting are good. I have other desk tops and laptops that connect with no problems at all. Has anyone had this issue and have a fix for it... your help will be greatly appreciated...