LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Why can't I OC after uninstalling 163.44

RangerXML

Before I install 163.44 I could overclock my GPU with RivaTuner no problem, but after I installed 163.44 and then uninstalled to try out lower drivers I can't OC any more (even using the newest version 2.03). Yes I even reverted back to my original drivers I was OCing, nothing WTF! I just wanna run some benches to see how it will run OCed.

Using Windows XP!

Edited by RangerXML

Have you used Driver Cleaner after the uninstall?

I tried Driver Cleaner and then installing 156.55, nothing still not allowing me to over clock. I get excellent preformence from 163.44, I might just stick with that until new drivers come out that will allow OCing again. I just realy hate this retro thing that even after uninstall and driver cleaner OCin still won't work, why?

Hmm... I just installed the 163.44 drivers and am still able to overclock using Rivatuner (from stock 500/600 to 520/630). Using XP SP2 and the specs listed to the left. Seems to be working fine.

I did update Rivatuner to the lasted version (2.03). You've probably done that already too.

Sorry for the no help, other than to say: 163.44+ Rivatuner works for me.

I installed the Xtreme-G 163.44, maybe its something these drivers did? I'm gonna try to remove anything and everything related to these drivers tonight. and use lv2g 163.44

Yes, I already got the most reasoned RivaTuner 2.03.

Edited by RangerXML

nope, still not working

Edited by RangerXML

• 3 months later...
Guest I think im goin crazy

Yep brother. 8600m GS here, same problem

Got : Vista 32bit

8600M GS

RivaTune and AtiTool installed

CoolBits installed

I tried almost all the drivers from 169.xx >>> down to 158.45, (And that is by running setup.exe and also trying the Have Disk method, uninstalling bla bla bla)

even with the 158.45 nothing wont let me touch the clock speeds... (IT RESETS ITSELF TO DEFAULTS)

PLS someone help c'mon

THNX