LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with my 8600M GS when playing <Bioshock>

cminglap

When I started a new game in Bioshock, black screen appeared after the cinematic introduction and the Bioshock logo, nothing came out but the game was closed.

I am using the 8600M GS display card with the latest DirectX10 (August), Core 2 Duo T7300 2.0Ghz, DDR2 667Mhz 2GB. My operating system is in Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Can somebody help me please? What's the problem with it? PLEASE HELP ME~ :) :) :P :P :rofl:

Edited by cminglap

When I started a new game in Bioshock, black screen appeared after the cinematic introduction and the Bioshock logo, nothing came out but the game was closed.

I am using the 8600M GS display card with the latest DirectX10 (August), Core 2 Duo T7300 2.0Ghz, DDR2 667Mhz 2GB. My operating system is in Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Can somebody help me please? What's the problem with it? PLEASE HELP ME~ :) :) :P :P :rofl:

163.44 video driver you need.........get it from laptopvideo2go.com....as this is the first (and newest) driver to support bioshock

163.44 video driver you need.........get it from laptopvideo2go.com....as this is the first (and newest) driver to support bioshock

Thanks for your help first

But my video card does not support this driver~~

Is there any other solutions? Thanks very much!

Guest burgins
Thanks for your help first

But my video card does not support this driver~~

Is there any other solutions? Thanks very much!

I have the same 8600m GS graphics card and it should work with the game but i too have driver problems. No matter which driver i download the driver is either not supported or i get a system crash. Have you found the solution???

Guest Franco of NJ

Hey guys, I have the same problem as everyone else. I installed the lastest version of DirectX and I can't get past the cinematic screen.

Since Video card updates have to be downloaded through the HP site, they seem to wait for it to go retail (the one needed from Nvidia is beta right now if i am not mistaken) Does this mean I'm just screwed and have to wait?

Guest Franco from Jersey

I got this from another site and found it worked - Best of luck: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=43814

"

Going back to the Windows 95 days, this is how it was done.

My laptop is currently using desktop drivers, yes that is correct desktop drivers. I have an Nvidia Geforce 8400m GS, the drivers for the M (meaning mobile) are 6/15/2007. However you can trick the laptop into using 8400 GS (dekstop) the drivers are 8/17/2007. When the laptop is using the drivers from 6/15/2007 the game does launch, but when you attempt to load a level you receive and exe error. With the desktop drivers from 8/17/2007 the game works like a charm.

Install the 163.44_forceware_winvista_32bit_english_beta Nvidia Drivers to a folder found on HP / Compaq Laptops only called SWsetup/video (C:\NVIDIA for everyone else). Anywhere where previous drivers are installed to will do fine since they need to be overridden. DO NOT RESTART THE LAPTOP WHEN PROMPTED TO DO SO

Next open device manager. Start>run>devmgmt.msc and under display adapters click on your graphics card, right click it and say update driver software. Click on Browse my Computer for driver software. Next click on let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Click on have disk navigate to C:\SwSetup\video (or C:\NVIDIA) select nv_disp.inf. Select your card from the list that appears. Ignore all of the prompts that say it's not digitally signed nor recommended. If your card is an 8600 GS and all you see is an 8600 GT select that one, it's the closest to your card.

Install the driver, and BioShock should work for you.

Systems Specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium (32-Bit)

Intel Core 2 DUO CPU T7500 @ 2.20Ghz

2 Gigabytes of RAM

Nvidia Geforce 8400m GS

HP Pavilion dv9500t

Notice these instructions are for a computer running Windows Vista, the text differs in Windows XP but is located in the same area, meaning if you followed these instructions you would be able to figure it out for XP as well."

I got this from another site and found it worked - Best of luck: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=43814

"

My laptop is currently using desktop drivers, yes that is correct desktop drivers. I have an Nvidia Geforce 8400m GS, the drivers for the M (meaning mobile) are 6/15/2007. However you can trick the laptop into using 8400 GS (dekstop) the drivers are 8/17/2007. When the laptop is using the drivers from 6/15/2007 the game does launch, but when you attempt to load a level you receive and exe error. With the desktop drivers from 8/17/2007 the game works like a charm.

Install the 163.44_forceware_winvista_32bit_english_beta Nvidia Drivers to a folder found on HP / Compaq Laptops only called SWsetup/video (C:\NVIDIA for everyone else). Anywhere where previous drivers are installed to will do fine since they need to be overridden. DO NOT RESTART THE LAPTOP WHEN PROMPTED TO DO SO

Next open device manager. Start>run>devmgmt.msc and under display adapters click on your graphics card, right click it and say update driver software. Click on Browse my Computer for driver software. Next click on let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Click on have disk navigate to C:\SwSetup\video (or C:\NVIDIA) select nv_disp.inf. Select your card from the list that appears. Ignore all of the prompts that say it's not digitally signed nor recommended. If your card is an 8600 GS and all you see is an 8600 GT select that one, it's the closest to your card.

Systems Specs:

2 Gigabytes of RAM

Nvidia Geforce 8400m GS

HP Pavilion dv9500t

Notice these instructions are for a computer running Windows Vista, the text differs in Windows XP but is located in the same area, meaning if you followed these instructions you would be able to figure it out for XP as well."

Finally, it works!!!!! :)

Thankyou so much for your help!!!

"

Next open device manager. Start>run>devmgmt.msc and under display adapters click on your graphics card, right click it and say update driver software. Click on Browse my Computer for driver software. Next click on let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Click on have disk navigate to C:\SwSetup\video (or C:\NVIDIA) select nv_disp.inf. Select your card from the list that appears. Ignore all of the prompts that say it's not digitally signed nor recommended. If your card is an 8600 HGS and all you see is an 8600 GT select that one, it's the closest to your card.

Systems Specs:

2 Gigabytes of RAM

Nvidia Geforce 8400m GS

HP Pavilion dv9500t

I have exactly the Systems Specs above and I have chosen the "Geforce 8400 GS" from the list...

... and IT WORKS !!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP !!!

• 4 months later...

Hi, it may helps you...

just turn the graphic except the Firgure details(high) down ( 800x600).

now look if it work if not i am sorry my game works now but i always have to turn the graphic down before i load a game...

In game if it works you can turn to max. details again... :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest23

Hi due to the time right now.... if i download the Release Date: 2007-11-10 Version: 7.15.11.5665 A of Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS its going to work? or i need to do the process... i dont know help me please =)

Guest Dont_like_junk

*sigh" i dunno whats up with that long confusing "help" when all u need to do is download the drivers from laptopvideo2go and the "modded inf" then when the driver is extracted simply replace the inf with the modded inf and voila driver workds... easy smeasy