LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba satellite x205-s9359 vs Battlefield 2142

Guest helpless

Guest helpless

Got Toshiba Satellite x205-29359 laptop. Cannot run Battlefield 2142. Have been trying daily for last 28 days. Have contacted EA, NVIDIA, Toshiba (poor tech support), tried all googled suggestions/tweaks/just about everything. Have reinstalled OS. Disabled sounds. System has: Intel processor core 2 Duo T7300 @ 2.00GHz, Nvidia Geforce 8700M GT version 7.15.11.138, 320GB HD (160 x 2), Bios v1.50, Vista Ultimate, 2048MB Ram, realtek HD Audio v6.0.1.5170.

Installed all patches. Updated Punkbuster.

Tried running as administrator: Error - BF2142 has stopped working - crashes to desktop

In compatibility mode for XP SP2: Error - Please insert Battlefield 2142 Disc and select OK to retry (Disc IS IN DRIVE)

Resolution modes all 59HZ. Is this the problem? How do I fix it or can I get INF mod to work with 8799M?

Should I return Toshiba Satellite and get Toshiba Qosmio, same spects but with Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 512 dedicated Ram and shared 255 Ram (total 767)?

Please somebody help!

Battlefield 2142 was out on 27/10/06 (more or less) so its totally functional with windows xp, but you have vista and that could be the problem cause your pc is totally capable of running the game. I remember gta2 when xp was out it was unable to play (also using compatibility mode for win98). My suggestion, install vista and xp on your pc and for "old" games use xp for new ones vista, this sould make it work. I hope it is useful information.

I ve been looking on internet and the page indicate clearly

only support this hardware

NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series

NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series

NVidia GeForce 6800 Series

NVidia GeForce 5800 Series

NVidia GeForce 5900 Series

NVidia GeForce 6200 Series

NVidia GeForce 7300 Series

NVidia GeForce 7800 Series

ATI Radeon 9500/9700 Series

ATI Radeon 9550 Series

ATI Radeon 9600 Series

ATI Radeon 9800 Series

ATI Radeon X300 Series

ATI Radeon X600 Series

ATI Radeon X700 Series

ATI Radeon X800 Series

ATI Radeon X850 Series

ATI Radeon X1300 Series

ATI Radeon X1600 Series

ATI Radeon X1800 Series

ATI Radeon X1900 Series

the chips version of notebook could work but we dont give support... Very nice guys really...

Guest helpless

I saw that too, however I have a desktop and know people that have cards that aren't listed but can run the game. I can't believe that the game is obsolete, it hasn't been a year. i've also tried changing vid.con in the Battle fiels 2142 file to no avail. I still believe it is the refresh rate stuck at 59Hz on my laptop that is ausing the problem. Thanks for the comments though.