LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros WLAN drivers for Windows 7 and Vista (x86 & x64)

mobilenvidia

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Jake_

• Pawel

• Anarion

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peter

Generic Atheros 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless Network Module Win7 32/64bit Driver, Ver.9.2.0.113

(Driver only, 1.65MB, Release: 2010-11-17?

Thanks for this driver. This worked well in place of the Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1102 (which is an Atheros chipset) driver that Bigfoot gives, which comes with their "bloated" software. I don't see any speed increase or latency differences between the generic Atheros driver and the Killer Wireless-N 1102 driver. Plus, this generic driver allowed a game/software called Second Life to make use of a file that Bigfoot software prevented from loading due to its Layered Service Provider.

So thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

https://wntlzq.bay.l...download&psid=1

http://www.mediafire...Aug.2011%29.zip

http://www.easy-shar...3.Aug.2011).zip

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Update Catalog

To use this Web site's full functionality, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later.

On IE9 I got this :

Merci de visiter le Catalogue Microsoft Update

Impossible d'afficher la page demandée.

Essayez d'actualiser la page. Si les problèmes persistent, visitez la page Aide pour obtenir des options de dépannage supplémentaires.

In english :

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Update Catalog

Can not display the requested page.

Try refreshing the page. If problems persist, go to Help for additional troubleshooting options.

Thanks for the links BTW ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried version .439 and I get connectivity problems on my AR928X/AR9285. I know this is a finnicky chipset, and I have an AR9382 ready to go, but MacOS doesn't like it yet. Will be trying .427 and .419 in the next couple days. Will report back on how they go.

(Note that I worsened my performance and lost my monitoring utility when I updated my Broadcom drivers as well, so Atheros is not the only company to have driver regressions. Too bad they don't have a support site/testing apparatus for us end-users....)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Would you have a link to a reliable driver for an AR9285, on XP 32? That Atheros.cz site is crap. I'm currently running 7.7.0.523, which sucks and drops my signal several times per day.

Needless to say, my next computer will NOT have an Atheros card in it. i really thought Toshiba would select its components better.

Hi

Would you have a link to a reliable driver for an AR9285, on XP 32? That Atheros.cz site is crap. I'm currently running 7.7.0.523, which sucks and drops my signal several times per day.

Needless to say, my next computer will NOT have an Atheros card in it. i really thought Toshiba would select its components better.

Version 9.2.0.458

Windows 2000/Xp 32/64bits

http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/atheros/wifi/atheros_wifi_9.2.0.458-xp(www.station-drivers.com).exe

Can we get a stability report on version 9.2.1.470? I'll try it, but I want to know what others think, too.

No issues to report thus far. Will update if I notice anything wonky.