LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros WLAN drivers for Windows 7 and Vista (x86 & x64)

mobilenvidia

I tried various drivers and various settings but all of them have exactly the same effect. Even the blink frequency is identical.

Do you think it might be caused purely by using Windows 2008 R2 Server?

BTW

Drivers dedicated for Windows 7 from this forum do not work at all.

I can make the blinking change with that one setting.

2.0.0.70 works just fine for me in Windows 7 but not tested it in Vista

Did have Server 2k8 installed as trial, but now run the server on Win7 as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Jake_

• Pawel

• Anarion

Top Posters In This Topic

Added 7.7.0.231

Guest Hakenz

Hi one question why the Atheros AR5007UG also known as TP-LINK TL-WN422G is not listed on the list of the first post, only the 5007e and 5007eg are listed.

Because I have this device on my PC and im looking forward for new drivers for enhanced compatibilty on vista x64.

Hope u can add this device too cus i really need a better driver for vista x64 than the one im using thats is from windows update.

The one from the manufacture page doesn't work on vista x64 (even if it say that it works on vista 64) and is super old and the windows update one works but with very standard compatibility like no wpa security only wep and super low throughput not even 5 mbits transfer rates when connected to my laptop that has an intel 5100 agn wifi card. :)

Hope u can help me thx in advace !!

I have a Compaq Presario CQ60 211DX, it has an Atheros AR5006 Family Wireless Card. Cool, I guess?! Problem is that HP doesn't have the drivers, and I've tried drivers from here and no luck with windows vista. I first tried on Vista 64Bit, and the card was recognized, windows installed the drivers, but device couldn't start. So I then used Vista 32bit mode, and now windows wouldn't even install the drivers. Keeps telling me that it couldn't find the drivers. Any help from anyone if possible that has this same laptop?

Edit: I said screw it after too many failed attempts. I decided to just use a USB Linksys Wireless Card that I had for a while. I think that companies like HP and Dell should seriously try and give full support for all the products they make. This really sucks! :) :)

Edited by Area51m-7700

Guest Guest

I have a question, I have a DWL-G520 rev. b and I am using the v7.7.0.231 drivers. The drivers are a lot better than the ones windows 7 rc1 came with and I'm getting a much better signal but the problem is that the card is still only going at 54Mbps instead of the 108Mbps it should be at, is there a way to change that or will I have to just upgrade my wireless card?

SuperG seems to be having some issues with these newer drivers.

Heaps of folk are having issues with 108Mbps.

Only upgrade if you really need the faster speed, no use if you only surf the web etc

• 3 weeks later...

Added 7.6.1.237 and 7.7.0.319

Guest McLovin

my internet hangs a lot (mainly just firefox) - i'm using wireless ar5b91 - internet explorer works for a while and then also hangs - because of the hanging the laptop takes so long to reboot and shutdown - i'm going to be installing win7 x64 on it in a few days - which driver should i install because there's so many. the worst thing is vista says i'm connected to the internet and msn works all the time! - so i'm not sure what's going on

thx

2.0.0.72 comes with build 7100 of Win 7

I also get some issues with FF, just stopping and slowing up the system.

Guest McLovin

oh so there'll be no need to install a driver - it'll update automatically through windows update?

the firefox/ie errors are annoying :-/ - this persists no matter what then? i thought a fresh install x64 with latest drivers would hopefully fix it

the atheros site is awful for support also

thx for the reply! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Added 7.7.0.269 from ASUS

Guest Robert

The latest 7.7.0.319 the led don't blink anymore on my notebook acer 5920 (PCI-E,Atheros N Card)

Is there some parameter to be modified to set on the led?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Added v8.0.0.144

New series to try so get to it :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added 7.7.0.343

• 3 weeks later...

Question:

What's the latest WHQL certified driver?

They are all WHQL for the devices the drive supports

My Toshiba has a AR5007EG as shown on Vista device manager.

I've tried both 8.x series driver but non are WHQL on my card.

v7.7.0.331 gave me WHQL certification on my AR5007EG Vista 32Bit.

I haven't tried v7.7.0.343 because I cannot find the manual install driver in this version but looks like v7.7.0.343 has a included Client Utility.

Can anyone confirm v7.7.0.343 is WHQL for AR5007EG and the Client Utility works for Vista 32Bit?

Thanks,