LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v156.55 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, ARiMA, COMPAQ/HP, DELL, LENOVO, SONY, TOSHiBA

®®®

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• MYXT5000T

• derek328

• Da Ferret

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is of course what I've done before, it does not answer my question (or I did not find the entry) . The only approaching item is ths last one, but it is about end digits, not major digits (series). The recommended driver thread is outdated unfortunatly, and the word "series" in not even on the FAQ page.

We are in the same boat as you, it's confusing. NVIDIA recently has undergone a huge change in driver version numbering scheme and without proper documentation it's almost impossible to tell why. The 16X series and the 156 series are updated recently. 158.xx is 4 months old and development has aparantly stopped. 100 series is abandonded too, i think.

I installed this on my Go7700 (Asus A8Js) and definitely recommend it. still without Mobile features like powermizer, etc. but at least it allows you to change digital vibrance on multiple monitors (i'm using 2 monitors and non of the driver i've tested allowed me to do so). Vista score for gaming has been increased .2 from 4.5(165.44) to 4.7.

Exact, this driver is also wonderful on my G1's go 7700. :)

3D mark06

158.xx, 163.44 near 2540 points

With 156.55, it goes to an incredible 2886 points.(+ 13% perf)

Last but not least, new 3D functions are enabled and bugs in windows games disapeared. :)

post-13677-1189197014_thumb.jpg

This is the best Vista driver I've had the pleasure of using to date.

On my Go6200TC, it's enabled Aero across multiple monitors (previously turning on a second monitor would 'enable' Aero Basic), it's solidified the operating system, and everything runs smoothly, with no glitches yet.

The only error I've seen is when I was running two user accounts logged in to my laptop at the same time - switching between accounts knackered the driver for a couple of seconds. It did manage to bounce back to life, however.

I was able to install this from the INFs in the .ZIP.

K

This drivers's Clock detection for Core and Memory speeds is F***ed up in RivaTuner 2.03, seems they changed quite a few things in this newest set. Since the clock detection is bugged, can't really tell if it did slow down the clock speeds......

Edited by Xenon

I have a Dell Inspiron with go 7900gs, and my computer said that something on the lines that "these files are for use with Vista 32-bit, and you are not running Vista 32-bit. Installation will terminate". The problem is that I do have vista 32-bit. Do I need to wait for the modified inf?

So I have an Alienware m9700 with dual go7900 GS cards in it and this driver WORKS with SLI!!! I used the "NV_DISPD.INF" file, enabled SLI, restarted, opened up Command and Conquer 3 and it worked flawlessly at the highest settings :)

This is when using SLI, by the way. The games only work fine in full screen. And the control panel kept freezing whenever I would disable it; so I had to reinstall the drivers. SLI off= fine.

I'm not totally sure what my FPS is but I know that CC3 runs alot more smoothly at the highest settings now that I have SLI enabled and I have no flicker at all. And Ryan, did you make sure you used the "NV_DISPD.INF" INF file AND that you deleted the "NVBL.INF" file from the setup folder?

This version runs perfectly on my XPS-M1330 with 8400m.

This version still has the resolution "bug" where you are not able to select a higher resolution on your 2nd monitor than 1280 * 800

Anybody any hints on how to bypass the resolution limit on an external LCD?

Edited by Raphie

I tried again with the SLI, and I'm still getting that flickering stuff in fullscreen. I attempted to change rendering modes, but that didn't seem to help out either. I use a dual 7900 Go setup as well, so I'm not sure why your SLI is working and mine isn't. Guess I'll just wait for the next driver. Other than that, this driver is pretty sweet. Much more stable than the OEM-provided one, and the framerate stutter doesn't go crazy either.

Ya man thats weird... do u have a 7900 GTX or GS? Cause mine is a GS.

Another suggestion if you haven't tried it is to make sure the other drivers were completely uninstalled before you ran the install for the new drivers. After you run the uninstaller, boot Vista up into safe mode and go into the /Windows/System32 folder and delete any files that have an "nv" prefix (except ones that say "nvraid" or "nvagp". Try and find ones with matching dates) then go into the /Windows/System32/drivers folder and make sure "nvddlmkm.sys" or something like that is gone and make sure "dpinst.exe" is also deleted from /Windows/System32. Finally, go into the /Windows/System32/DriverStore/FileRepository folder and make sure anything with the prefix "nv_" or "nv4_disp.inf" gets deleted.

I did a clean install of Vista before I installed these drivers so maybe that made a difference somehow too

Riva Turner says my memory is at 799 when idle , downgrade to 399 (normal) when playing...kind of strange.Is riva turner bugging ? because I don't wanna overheat the graphic card (8600M , dell inspiron) , I don"t feel safe. I notice increase of FPS in Dod and Arma , but decrease in Moh Airborne compare to 163.44.

I also have the same problem as the guest at the first page

i have a dell vostro 1500 geforce 8600m gt but it says i dont have vista 32bit system!

same as the one who has a dell laptop from page 2 ..

could anyone pls do something to fix this?

You didn't use the correct INF in .ZIP package inside the driver.

I also have the same problem as the guest at the first page

i have a dell vostro 1500 geforce 8600m gt but it says i dont have vista 32bit system!

same as the one who has a dell laptop from page 2 ..

could anyone pls do something to fix this?

I'm the one with the dell laptop with that problem, and I managed to fix it. I couldn't go through the setup option located in the driver folder. However, I used the "have disk" method, which is described here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=11997

Hope this solves the problem