LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need a bit of help...

Guest Jesus

At first I didnt understand what to do with all those download files and all that, but I checked the forums and all that and I downloaded the most recent driver for the windows vista 32bts. I instaled it the Have-disk method, and all seemed well. When I restarted my computer, I checked my video card (Geforce GO 7900 GS) and the old driver was still there, I mean, it was still the driver number 7**** something, either way I launched Halo 2, which before I instaled the drivers it reported that the drivers were out of date, but when I launched it it didnt say aything, but the game didnt seem any way improved. I then went to play NVW 2, and I also didnt notice any changes. Did the drivers work? If not what did I do worng and what can I do to fix this? Please answer cause I'm kinda desperate. Thx in advance and sorry for the bad English...

Try uninstalling the older drivers first, then install the newer ones.

If that doesn't work, look for a program like Driver Cleaner that will get rid of all nVidia files, then install the newer drivers.

hmm, I uninstaled the Nvidia drivers like that, but In selection of which driver to update there are still 3 Nvidia drivers... Cant I remove them some other way, cause to use the driver cleaner its needed to bu it first...

Try to find the file on Guru3d. I downloaded it from there and they don't require you to pay.

If that doesn't work, there's another program around... Can't remember the name of it though.

This is futile lol....I still cant do it...I downloaded the Driver Sewper...Ran it.....Removed the Nvidia chipset and display....and it remains the same....3 Nvidia drivers...1 of them signed......I'm so desperate lol, I've been triyng to do this for 2 days.....

Did drivers (that you R saying about) R display during the installation process or what ?

Edited by LukGo

On Your screenshot R some drivers but You can chose right one. There R dates and numbers so You can check to install right one...

Your screenshot only showing drivers that U wanna install not drivers that U have owready on Your system.

If U wanna clear all drivers in that case maybe try to uninstall all under RESCU mod of Windows/

Edited by LukGo