LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need a little help...

Guest Gina G

Well, this whole problem started out as the red flashing walls thingie that happened in The sims2. I knew you had to get a new graphics card for it to go away, so i tried to download one off the official Nvidia site. I have an Nvidia Geforce 4 420 go, on a Toshiba windows xp laptop. I knew that was a really crappy graphics card, so I looked at every single graphics card update on that site and the one that said it supported my card i tried to download. It said it wasnt compatible. So i go back to dxdiag and now it doesnt even say i have a graphics card! It says its using a generic driver, and that i should download the latest card from the official website... Not that that works... and then im just like whatever i dont care so i try to run sims. And it says now that i need a graphics adapter because i dont have one that will work with directX 9. I didn't even know i had direct X9! I also tried to download a driver here that supported the Geforce 4 420 go card. Thats a whole other problem. It downloads fine, but when i reboot the computer the text is HUGE and theres a black bar on the right side of the screen. when i uninstall it goes back to normal.

I just want to be able to go back to playing the sims, i dont care anymore if the walls flash. I know you guys probably hear stuff like this all the time and i really am sorry i had to bother you, but this has been going on for the past couple months and im at my last straw. If no one here can help ill go to the my computer's site and ask there.

Thanks soo much in advance!!