• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Mork

• MrStalker

• smax

The AR928x is a Mini-PCI wireless card.

For some reason, using the update drivers from the device manager will not recognize the .exe with the new drivers. It keeps saying the old 7.6.0.xx driver I have is the newest one for it currently.

What am I doing wrong?

For some reason, using the update drivers from the device manager will not recognize the .exe with the new drivers. It keeps saying the old 7.6.0.xx driver I have is the newest one for it currently.

What am I doing wrong?

*Mini-PCIe I mean.

Sorry.

And I thought I clicked on the Vista thread, I meant it for vista. Sorry about that again.

What am I doing wrong?

Run the exe and uncompress the files somewhere.

The EXE is a 7zip with the drivers inside

You'll have much better luck now :)

yes i have downloaded this version now, and it didn't work :)

weird, I'm at a loss now

• 2 weeks later...
I have the atheros ar928x and i cant update them, it keep saying that the 7.6.0.114 are up to date.

vista x64

Probably should look in the Vista thread ? :)

Thanks for all the drivers!

I have one question though. Whenever I use the 7.6.1.x versions, my wireless connection will drop after about 1 hour. This goes for all the drivers.

The latest I can use is the 7.6.0.260. Could I do something wrong? I have a 5008 card. No changes in my computer otherwise.

/Thanks

PolliSoft

That seems to be not an unusual thing with these newer drivers.

Probably why Atheros.cz has not released any 7.6.1.xxx drivers

Hello! :)

Again, i used another card D-Link DWL-G520, but this model without plus '+'

and it is work by using your Atheros driver on WinXP 64bit !

thanks! :P

but why my first card didn't work? my first card have plus '+' , DWL-G520+ , maybe you forgot to add it? :)

Guest Christian
Added v7.6.1.184

Hi, i need this driver please, can u uploaded again, because website to download the driver is not available http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/wlan/atheros_v7.6.1.184.exe

Googling i found this driverand and its excellent for Windows 7 Beta 7000 working on an Acer Aspire One, no more wifi drops and leds working now!..

Thank you..

Christian

Guest Christian
Added v7.6.1.184

Hey its okay right now maybe the server was down for a moment, thanks anyway...

I recommeds AA1 Users trying Windows 7 to update this Atheros WiFi driver to have more drops connections and a of course a working switch/led. :)

Christian.

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone know where i can find the latest Atheros Client Utility for XP or even an alternative one that works with my wireless N Atheros card?

I'm pretty sure that 7.6.1.150 has the ACU included see first post for link

I'm pretty sure that 7.6.1.150 has the ACU included see first post for link

yes i did see that. however, i have found 7.6.1.160 with the ACU which i found here (http://www.minipci.biz/atherosdriver/XP_7.6.1.160_Vista_7.6.1.122.zip). i was wondering if there were an even later version released but it doesnt seem like it.

btw, where are the source of these drivers? i have looked for hours on Atheros's website and cant find any link to drivers for wireless cards. the only site i have seen is Atheros CZ and this one.

Once the ACU is installed you can just update the driver to a newer one, via device manager.

no need to install anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I equipped Atheros ar5008 5416 (mini-pci) card in my laptop (Windows XP 32bit), and installed the latest driver v7.6.1.184.

Then, the maximum connection speed was only 130Mbps.

When I installed the latest modded driver v7.6.1.170, the card worked fine at 300Mbps connection speed.

Should I always use the modded drivers only, to enable the 300Mbps connection speed ?

Or, is there any non-modded driver which enables the 300Mbps connection speed ?

Guest MrStalker
Once the ACU is installed you can just update the driver to a newer one, via device manager.

no need to install anything.

I installed that version, but it didn't install ACU. I have a Netgear WPN311, but I really need the Atheros drivers because the ones from Netgear sucked, but I need the ACU so I can disable Super-G so it doesn't try to connect using Super-G which my router doesn't support. Can't disable Super-G with WZC. Please help.

If your router doesn't support SuperG then your adaptor will just go back to 54Mbps (11g).

Not need to disable anything ?

Guest MrStalker
If your router doesn't support SuperG then your adaptor will just go back to 54Mbps (11g).

Not need to disable anything ?

But it doesn't. Every time I push the network traffic (seems to be more sensitive to UDP traffic) it "throttles up" into 108Mbit at which point the connection is lost. In the ACU config there is no mention of Super-G nor 108Mbit. Is there a way to force the drivers to disable this dynamic turbo thing and operate at 54Mbps? I've tried your modded drivers but it doesn't work with my card. It installs, but no connection shows up in the control panel.