LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros drivers for Windows 9x, 2000 and XP

mobilenvidia

Guest Guest

Hy dose anybody help me.

I have an Acer 5730Z whit a Atheros AR5B91 and i work with XP SP3 i have download the Driver 7.6.1.140 but the connection its not stabel and dont see many wireless. If i pull my laptop 20cm its disconnect??

Maybe it works whit one chanel but i dont know how can i setup?

Witch driver sould i install?

Thanks

Ákos

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Mork

• MrStalker

• smax

Hy dose anybody help me.

I have an Acer 5730Z whit a Atheros AR5B91 and i work with XP SP3 i have download the Driver 7.6.1.140 but the connection its not stabel and dont see many wireless. If i pull my laptop 20cm its disconnect??

Maybe it works whit one chanel but i dont know how can i setup?

Witch driver sould i install?

Thanks

Ákos

You've tried the modded INF driver as well ?

Witch driver can i use and how install?

Thankx

You can use any version that matches your OS, they are just the normal driver with some tweaks added

Guest Guest

My os is Win XP SP3!

Witch driver must install first and witch modding can i use?

So i intall the Atheros modded Driver for Vista and WinXP the v7.6.1.221 with modded INF v1.24 for both WinXP x86 and x64

I this files:

netathwx.inf

netathwx.cat

athwx.sys

I replace this files in the original driver and i install it but the control panel show i have 7.6.1.160???

My os is Win XP SP3!

Witch driver must install first and witch modding can i use?

So i intall the Atheros modded Driver for Vista and WinXP the v7.6.1.221 with modded INF v1.24 for both WinXP x86 and x64

I this files:

netathwx.inf

netathwx.cat

athwx.sys

I replace this files in the original driver and i install it but the control panel show i have 7.6.1.160???

Find a driver with an installer install this (forget which version)

Once installed and hopefully working, grab a newer driver (even a modded one)

Use the device manager update driver method to update the driver (don't copy it into another driver

So the driver from here extract somewhere then point the update driver to the directory where the driver is.

• 2 weeks later...

Added 7.7.0.233

Guest Brent

Thank you very much for the driver updates. Looking all over the place for new drivers. Few questions for ya. Where in the world do you get these from? I cannot find a official site for them. Also. When upgrading through device manager and driver update. When unzipping the files. My current netbook is using Windows XP. There are 3 folders listed as the following:

Install_CD

ndis5x

ndis5x64

Now I hope I did not screw the pooch with the install. Since I am on xp home. I installed the driver under the ndis5x folder. I assumed that is for a 32 bit system like mine and the ndis5x64 is for a 64 bit system. Is that correct?

We find them all over the place :)

You can just run the installer with this driver or do as you have just done

• 3 weeks later...

Added 7.7.0.259

• 2 weeks later...

Having serious issues with my Atheros AR5B91 adapter. The drivers are installed, and the computer is able to find and connect to the wireless network, but when I want to browse the internet, or use MSN and such, it won't work. I've tried several drivers, but to no prevail.

Having serious issues with my Atheros AR5B91 adapter. The drivers are installed, and the computer is able to find and connect to the wireless network, but when I want to browse the internet, or use MSN and such, it won't work. I've tried several drivers, but to no prevail.

I don't think that is the driver at fault.

You may have something else stopping that, like a Firewall blocking those ports ?

DO NOT use the latest 7.7.x drivers with 500x cards under XP! I did a clean install, and they would not let me connect to an AP with any sort of encryption.

The AP is a top-of-the-line DIR-825 with the latest firmware. No combination of TKIP, AES, WEP, etc. worked. WPA and WPA2 were a no-go. All of these types of encryption worked on my Vista and 7 boxes running AR5008(X) chipsets.

I may upgrade the WIFI card to an AR5008X MiniPCI, but I doubt that card would be whitelisted on my Lenovo's BIOS. Also, I likely wouldn't be able to add a 3rd antenna, but I suppose that's no big deal.

Go to Toshiba's website and download "wps library" version 1.008 and install Atheros' WPS app.

Then clear and reset your dir-825 router everything to default settings.

Then see if your router and your computer can do a WPS set-up automatically --- it should automatically set up a WPA2 connection.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ccbrianf

FYI, I tried to revert to 7.7.0.239 downloaded from the first page here, but I found that the contents of the archive labeled as such had been replaced with 7.7.0.329! I guess someone labeled the latter in a dyslexic fashion and uploaded it clobbering the real 7.7.0.239 archive. Any chance of restoring it?

Guest ccbrianf

FYI, I tried to revert to 7.7.0.239 downloaded from the first page here, but I found that the contents of the archive labeled as such had been replaced with 7.7.0.329! I guess someone labeled the latter in a dyslexic fashion and uploaded it clobbering the real 7.7.0.239 archive. Any chance of restoring it?

Never mind, I don't think 7.7.0.239 every really existed. You should probably just remove it.

Added 7.7.0.363

• 4 weeks later...

Good day everyone.

Does anyone know how to get work with device (chipset Atheros AR5007EG) under Windows XP Pro SP3 ?

The device is WiFi network adapter for IPEVO skype phone. It has miniUSB interface.

Vista and Windows Seven work with device correctky, but I need to work with it under XP.

Maybe someone help me to solve my problem?

Thanks and regards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a slight problem. I have a Netgear WG311v1 (atheros chipset). I think the problem may be that the .inf file doesn't have my card listed in it. It doesn't have the "NETGEAR WG311 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter" in it. How can I get it to install as NETGEAR WG311 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter?

• 1 month later...